Motherwell FC 2015/16 Thread

Rumours on Twitter that we are trying to sign Jamaican born striker Jamille Matt who is currently on loan at Plymouth Argyle

Are we in the "worth a punt/could do a job/reliable source" season already? :) 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the Herald reporting that, as expected, Hammell, McManus, Lasley, McDonald et al will all be offered new deals. Which is fine with me tbh. Presumably in McDonald's case we'll be taking up his +1 option though it'd be good if we could re-negotiate to add an extra year option on after that as well.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14444630.Motherwell_veterans_in_line_for_new_deals/

I would keep the older guys with a view to phasing them out. I think Mick was a massive part of the success of Ben Hall, and Pearson & Lasley will be a massive hand in bringing Cadden on.

And I'd keep Hammell because I would rather play my maw at left back than Joe Chalmers.

I would keep the older guys with a view to phasing them out. I think Mick was a massive part of the success of Ben Hall, and Pearson & Lasley will be a massive hand in bringing Cadden on.

And I'd keep Hammell because I would rather play my maw at left back than Joe Chalmers.

Pics or GTF

Any word of a new deal for McFadden B)

He'll get the chance to prove his fitness apparently. In fairness the quote from McGhee is fairly diplomatic he's basically saying they're not binning him while he's injured, that he'll get the chance to rehabilitate, get back to fitness and "if he's not for us" at least be fit enough to look for another option.

I think next season will be a transition season with the likes of Lasley, Pearson, Hammell maybe not being automatic picks but certainly useful players to have around.

We will certainly need to have one eye on the future.

I think next season will be a transition season with the likes of Lasley, Pearson, Hammell maybe not being automatic picks but certainly useful players to have around.

We will certainly need to have one eye on the future.

Agree completely. With the 20s in the youth cup final and Craigan and Lasley seemingly doing a very decent job with them you can see another group being brought through in the coming seasons ie: MacLean, Campbell, Turnbull et al with the likes of Semple for a few years further down the line.

If we can keep the current experienced guys around and bring in a handful of other genuine first team options to help with the transition then it'd be positive

I was very interested to see McGhee mention McManus, Lasley and McFadden with regards their interest in management and suggest that they could develop a succession.

I see Connor Ripley has been saying if Middlesbrough dont see him as their first choice keeper next year then he is very much open to another loan spell with us next season!  Good news i reckon, for me has got better and better as the season has progressed.

I see Connor Ripley has been saying if Middlesbrough dont see him as their first choice keeper next year then he is very much open to another loan spell with us next season! Good news i reckon, for me has got better and better as the season has progressed.

I saw that. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got him for another year as I'd have thought he would have fancied himself to be around Boro's first team squad next season as a back up 'keeper.

Having said that he also points out that he'd prefer to stay in England and be closer to his family but if we wanted him and everything was sorted he wouldn't knock us back. Which is good to know.

All depends on Boro I suppose and whether they're happy with his development and the level that he's playing at. I'd be more than happy to see him back next season.

I noticed the BBC gossip column is linking us with El Bak2y (not even attempting to spell his name properly) of Dunfermline again

The limited gossip about next season seems to be about strikers - I wonder if it is a Fletcher or a Moult replacement we are looking for....

Probably Fletcher replacement given he didnt even make the squad yesterday, in fact we didnt even have a striker on the bench.

I thought the same seeing as Fletcher wasn't in the squad for the Celtic game either.

Assuming he doesn't have his option taken up then even without any outgoings that'd leave us with Moult, McDonald and maybe Moore as out and out strikers with Johnson, Ainsworth and Thomas as nominal strikers. I'd imagine Mackin will be out on loan next season.

Some promising news in the press this afternoon suggesting Ben Hall may be signing a new deal with us, he is quoted saying how much he is enjoying playing at the club just now, hopefully he signs a long term deal and continues his development before moving on to bigger and better things.

Archived