Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few Rangers posters keep posting ST sales so far. Where are these figures coming from?

From an unknown club source from another universe...© Mr Lawell

Yeah, and the Wigan players will both have a fee included.

If Warburton would rather pay a transfer free to land another right back, he must not have been too impressed with Wabara's trial.

Vuckic also set to be released from Newcastle, with Rangers among the interested clubs. A Vuckic/Waghorn front two next season?................... :)

Sorry Vicky Big mike has decided to reignite the St Mirren / Newcastle tie in of two seasons ago. Vuckic and Ferguson both coming to St Mirren with Big Mike picking up the tab 8)

Sorry Vicky Big mike has decided to reignite the St Mirren / Newcastle tie in of two seasons ago. Vuckic and Ferguson both coming to St Mirren with Big Mike picking up the tab 8)

Nae luck. Neither Saints nor Rangers are big enough to fight off the flock that is after him.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/07/5-clubs-now-interested-in-stay-at-home-newcastle-player/

Amazed they're getting another year out of Kenny Miller. Mind you I just looked him up and he's only 35. I thought he had to be about 40 by now.

Amazed they're getting another year out of Kenny Miller. Mind you I just looked him up and he's only 35. I thought he had to be about 40 by now.

His fitness levels are still fairly high. I'm sure Warbs and Weir are delighted he's still at the club for what he can bring to the team both on and off the pitch.

I think it was Derek Johnstone who said on the radio Miller was either the lowest or one of the lowest paid first team players at Rangers last season.

Believable, as he was someone desperate to return to the club whereas certain others were probably offered more than what they were worth in order for them to agree to play at Championship/League One/Third Division level.

Millers legs looked weary last season, the head was willing but the pace wasn't there and at times he got frustrated. For this season I wouldn't play him in every game and would consider using him as a sub against tired legs in some games.

Signing players like this is something that McCoist should have been doing.

Hope it works out.

Agreed.

Tbf, McCoist wouldn't know where to begin with a young player regarding selection, coaching, training etc.

It's a hella long list of things that shoulda been happening over the past few years.

Do you seriously think that the fans will buy STs in such big quantities if there are no marquee signings?

I have my doubts that they will. Lots of STs vs budget trimming - unless you can attract a new type of supporter then I woiuld suggest that the existing fans will baulk at trimmed budgets.

I never said anything about trimming budgets I said the wage bill has been vastly reduced. It may well be used up again (doubt it) but it won't be used on overpriced has beens

I never said anything about trimming budgets I said the wage bill has been vastly reduced. It may well be used up again (doubt it) but it won't be used on overpriced has beens

Fair enough, but in my opinion, the wage bill is just another budget, part of the total budget for any Financial Year, ergo my comment on budget trimming

Not sure if Vuckic is the type of player that Warburton would go for, he likes pace and that is not really part of Vuckic`s game, Motherwell also showed just how easy he could be nullified.

Fair point, Teds. Vuckic is quite a clever player, though. Depending on the cost/money I'd enjoy seeing him at Ibrox for another season.

Vuckic would be good for a full season with Rangers but getting him away from Newcastle Utd on loan is another thing. He still has a year of his contract still to go and would probably prefer trying to win a place in the 1st team there, if not and it does look more likely he will be surplus to requirements he will be sent out on loan to another club at some point, given the issues that exist between the two clubs it will probably be unlikely that club will be Rangers. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he might end up playing for a Premiership club up here both Dundee Utd and Inverness CT do look like needing more attacking options.

Apparently he's set to be released by Newcastle.

In regards to him joining Dundee United or Caley, they couldn't afford his salary. Even Rangers will have difficulty trying to sign him as clubs such as Hull and Bolton are interested.

One of the other Newcastle loan players who impressed me was Streete. Pity he only played one game. Now he's joined Plymouth in League One on a free transfer. Ah well.

Couldn't be bothered reading the last 15 pages. Any new signings since the glorious 12th?

On another point is there the possibility of another batch of Newcastle's reserves/ youth players heading North this season?

Apparently he's set to be released by Newcastle.

In regards to him joining Dundee United or Caley, they couldn't afford his salary. Even Rangers will have difficulty trying to sign him as clubs such as Hull and Bolton are interested.

One of the other Newcastle loan players who impressed me was Streete. Pity he only played one game. Now he's joined Plymouth in League One on a free transfer. Ah well.

Assuming Premiership clubs can't afford him, where do you get "even rangers" from? ICT and the Arabs aren't trying to rebuild an entire squad, either. And, unlike the McLeod money, I don't believe the fees paid by celtic to Dundee United went straight in the electric meter.

Your use of "even rangers" makes me wish you were involved in making decisions at ibrox. The club would be joining their predecessors before Christmas.

Archived