Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Were you not watching a game in Central Park when Dick Campbell lost his temper so badly. If I was a football player, I do not want to work for a team has such a ba*****.

Personally I hate men has a short / bad temper :P

Nish needs sacked. He's an absolute incompetent at managing a football team. That is evident by playing Kane, CJ and El Zubadi all at the same time. 8 games with no wins surely means the sack?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nish needs sacked. He's an absolute incompetent at managing a football team. That is evident by playing Kane, CJ and El Zubadi all at the same time. 8 games with no wins surely means the sack?

Kane who certainly gets stuck in and CJ who runs about a lot are way out of their depth. El Zubadi looked decent when he first came to the club, but Pat has been struggling,

If we have are to have any chance of staying up we need a couple of decent players and a plan B when hoofball isn't working.

Only time nish done well was when had a settled team and when smith and murdoch played. We had a way of playing and a style and it was evident. There were decent partnerships over the pitch and now we have lost that. Sign of a bad manager when he cannot adjust by losing 2 players.

I would give nish a little more backing but to be honest his signings have been brutal. I dont like putting a he has to win one in the next 2 or 3 or he should be sacked scenario but if we lose Sat and Tuesday and forfar pick up points then we will be struggling.

Only time nish done well was when had a settled team and when smith and murdoch played. We had a way of playing and a style and it was evident. There were decent partnerships over the pitch and now we have lost that. Sign of a bad manager when he cannot adjust by losing 2 players.

It is a sweeping claim to make that losing 2 players is easily adjusted for by a good manager. Firstly, it depends on the two players - if they are your two best players or at least 2 very influential players then it is entirely feasible that you may not be able to fully compensate or adjust in response especially if the availability of that type of player or budget constraints are issues. Secondly, we did have a settled team and style - but we are not just down 2 players from that - as well as Murdoch and Smith, Adamson, Miller, Sneddon and Callaghan are all out injured from that XI.

In the transfer window, we made several ambitious moves but found it very difficult to get the players identified as first choices - in one case we were gazumped at the last minute and in many cases a la Murdoch, player's agents (not their clubs to be honest) did not want their players to play League One - they sought championship at least.

The biggest loss is Gordon Smith - his link up play was exceptional and he brought players into the game plus was tireless in his foraging and pressing. Murdoch and Miller are good at getting up and down the pitch and with Smith there we were linking up well from back to front - that linking set up is now obviously missing.

It is a sweeping claim to make that losing 2 players is easily adjusted for by a good manager. Firstly, it depends on the two players - if they are your two best players or at least 2 very influential players then it is entirely feasible that you may not be able to fully compensate or adjust in response especially if the availability of that type of player or budget constraints are issues. Secondly, we did have a settled team and style - but we are not just down 2 players from that - as well as Murdoch and Smith, Adamson, Miller, Sneddon and Callaghan are all out injured from that XI.

In the transfer window, we made several ambitious moves but found it very difficult to get the players identified as first choices - in one case we were gazumped at the last minute and in many cases a la Murdoch, player's agents (not their clubs to be honest) did not want their players to play League One - they sought championship at least.

The biggest loss is Gordon Smith - his link up play was exceptional and he brought players into the game plus was tireless in his foraging and pressing. Murdoch and Miller are good at getting up and down the pitch and with Smith there we were linking up well from back to front - that linking set up is now obviously missing.

Great post CC and very accurate. The one thing that gets me though is signing Caldwell who is not able to play with Spence due to similar runs. You identified this yourself. This was a waste of money and bad judgement by the manager who made a decision based on his hibs days and not done his homework. Smith was a difficult player to replace but a similar style could have been found.

No. There are clubs worse than Cowdenbeath. I thought Dundee Utd has finished but I think they are getting better since Kawashima started to play for them :unsure:

Great post CC and very accurate. The one thing that gets me though is signing Caldwell who is not able to play with Spence due to similar runs. You identified this yourself. This was a waste of money and bad judgement by the manager who made a decision based on his hibs days and not done his homework. Smith was a difficult player to replace but a similar style could have been found.

But Caldwell could be a good signing as a back up for Spence in case of injury or suspension - he's shown up ok in those appearances he led the line as a sole striker. Otherwise who is then our 'centre forward'? I am not sure there are that many players like Smith out there - I never ever noticed his merits when he played against us.

Spence is poor on his own upfront. No back to goal game and needs pin point passes from midfield with runners supporting.

None of Beaumont, gibbons, Kane are this. Kyle Miller not a particularly great passer either.

Basically the signings don't add up to an effective collective.

In Nish's defence, I'm sure he had other targets that he just couldn't get to sign for us. It's a very tough shift being our manager and many fans don't appreciate this when frustrated.

But Caldwell could be a good signing as a back up for Spence in case of injury or suspension - he's shown up ok in those appearances he led the line as a sole striker. Otherwise who is then our 'centre forward'? I am not sure there are that many players like Smith out there - I never ever noticed his merits when he played against us.

Totally agree that Caldwell is better as a lone striker or like Spence needs someone beside him who comes deep and draws defenders allowing for a through ball or ball over the top. I would imagine he will be on an ok wage so we maybe should have invested elsewhere. I'm more than certain due to both him and Spence starting up top against Stranraer that the plan was to play both up front. What do we do now? I hope I am proved wrong and both go on to score goals over the next month or so.

Spence is poor on his own upfront. No back to goal game and needs pin point passes from midfield with runners supporting.

None of Beaumont, gibbons, Kane are this. Kyle Miller not a particularly great passer either.

Basically the signings don't add up to an effective collective.

In Nish's defence, I'm sure he had other targets that he just couldn't get to sign for us. It's a very tough shift being our manager and many fans don't appreciate this when frustrated.

I think the majority of fans do appreciate the difficult job and the lack of finance from the Jimmy buy everyone I can season and have for most of the season been patient. We can't afford another relegation but if the board have confidence in Nish, we will need to trust their judgement.

Any team struggles with losing 2 influential players but the replacments have not added a new dimension or brought anything to the table to make us win any games so far.... its a damning fact. The responsibility of how we set up and play is down to Nish and by losing 2 players he is showing (so far) that he has not done a good job in 1. replacing them and 2. getting the team playing in a way to win football games. Yes its hard to replace players especially with finances and our situation in league 1 etc however thats where a good manager will find a way.

I said within 2 games smith is our biggest player because of his link up play and his positions he takes up. Its an attacking outlet. Replacing him was difficult always would have been but we have replaced with someone who has shown nothing.. and that is a fact. The results back up this.

I personally reckon play Milne in behind spence to "try" be that link man.. he is a clever player who can play nice passes and take up positions which can hurt opposition. But again those decisions are down to the main man himself nish..

f**k it I think Colin should start himself........

Maybe not such a bad idea. We are now back where we were at the start of the season. I'm not looking forward to hearing the score from tomorrow's game.

Yes, Nishy is always good at supporting other young strikers in pitch and made them to score. I remember he was saying he may be too old to play but there is a very good striker in Japan. He is 49? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuyoshi_Miura

Which is exactly what played out today.

Archived