Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

That's 3 one goal victories on the trot. They have come at a time when wins were badly needed. We went through a period after the new year when we were always finding ways to lose games. Now we are finding a way to win which is a much better habit. Very good 3 points today however lucky it was. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Was it not 2-1?😜

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunfermline Chief exec has said they raised 1.5 million to buy the club and the stadium.

To think we offered more than that to the Brewsters for Central Park and were turned down!

Mental

I read that today on the Daily Record and thought exactly the same.

Crazy!

I think our situation Is different in regards to the surrounding land and the Brewsters I don't think will settle for anything less than they originally paid unfortunately.

I read that today on the Daily Record and thought exactly the same.

Crazy!

I think our situation Is different in regards to the surrounding land and the Brewsters I don't think will settle for anything less than they originally paid unfortunately.

It is mental when you compare Central and EEP. The value of the land at EEP would be worth more than Central Park ever would be. I would suggest its a bit of a bargain price for DAFC and EEP a modern 12000 seater stadium for £1.5m on prime land near the town centre.

As you say just shows how much they over paid but I suppose a lot of folk bought property and land before 2008 which is now worth a fraction.

It is mental when you compare Central and EEP. The value of the land at EEP would be worth more than Central Park ever would be. I would suggest its a bit of a bargain price for DAFC and EEP a modern 12000 seater stadium for £1.5m on prime land near the town centre.

As you say just shows how much they over paid but I suppose a lot of folk bought property and land before 2008 which is now worth a fraction.

Yeah it's unfortunate they bought just before the banking crisis causing prices to come crashing down.

It's just unfortunate that the Brewsters won't accept they are very unlikely to ever get what they paid for Central Park and cut their losses but there business men who quite rightly don't want to walk away at a loss.

It still however makes our situation extremely annoying having owners who have no interest in football.Maybe the market will continue to improve and a housing developer may come in I.e Bellway who only have 2 years left in developing houses at the top of the town and who are always looking for land.

I doubt it will be a supermarket anyway as Fife Council have a new application to build to retail units at the existing proposed Tesco site at North End Park.Although may be rejected with the Aldi store now opened but would be great for North end park to be redeveloped for the good of the high St.

Ideally if only they could build at Central Park with us moving back to North End Park with a modern stadium wouldn't be so bad.

I think that they are getting ready to start work on NEP I went past there the other day and some of the pitch was dug up.

As you say building houses would be about the anything that would get planning permission at CP, no way the council would allow a 4th supermarket in the town centre, although I doubt it would be worth that much to someone like Belway they would probably have to develop the surrounding land to make it viable for them imo.

Me neither hardly a prime site to buy a house!

Perhaps with some Fife Council funding/ involvement with affordable housing being top of the agenda for the government.

If NEP gets the green light then it may be unlikely that anyone re develops the Central Park land if people think housing there is unlikely.

How is Mcdaid getting on?

Not doing it for me. Had he been in the team toward the end of 2015, he may have been amazing, but right now cowden need to fight out results and hes not tht type of player. Waste of a shirt right now.

Archived