Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

At least drawing the Pars gets the club some cash and we have a chance to progress.

the club are wanting the fans to contribute more financially. cup progress is an obvious way to help the financial side of things. its imperative we are ready for the cup games and give them a real go, unlike last season when we were half fit and treated them like pre season games. our cup record has been garbage for too long.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap draw but at least it will bring some cash in for the club. Pars fans will be there usual "Big Team" self. Be good to get a cup run on the go.

Would be nice to get a decent money spinning draw in a cup for a change. An Aberdeen/hearts/celtic away draw.

Has the Liam Kelly signing been confirmed?

Unsure on this one.

The Daily Record said yesterday he was joining Cowden on loan for three months.

However Liam Kelly tweeted yesterday Rumour Run City.

So I am not getting my hopes up based on his tweet.

I don't think signing a loan keeper for just 3 months will help anyone regardless.

Half a season to season long. Some stability.

I agree to what you are saying as I share the same concerns but perhaps other factors are at play as to why only three months.

However the keeper is highly rated and may get a further extension perhaps with us but you then have a risk with him returning to his club leaving us a goalkeeper short.

I probably would run the risk in bringing him in on loan for three months hoping of an extension

If we did bring in a keeper for three months, am I right in thinking that we couldn't actually extend the loan because the expiry would be outwith the transfer window? So we then either have to sign ANOTHER keeper or go with Jamie Sneddon/Shaun Hunter when the three month loan ends.

If we did bring in a keeper for three months, am I right in thinking that we couldn't actually extend the loan because the expiry would be outwith the transfer window? So we then either have to sign ANOTHER keeper or go with Jamie Sneddon/Shaun Hunter when the three month loan ends.

Not sure to be honest

I said to others about getting Liam Kelly on loan would be a good bit of business. He's on a long term deal at Rangers so he's obviously rated there, remember Rangers goalkeeping coach is also the Scotland goalkeeping coach (Jim Stewart) so you would hope he knows his stuff. Speaking of Rangers players, heard we are trying to get Calum Gallacher again, would be surprised if they would want him to drop to league 1, much better target would be that young boy Ryan Hardie who scored a couple for them against Dumbarton last season, unlikely to get game time there and league 1 would be a good level for him to get used to senior football.

Any news on what players caught Nish's eye at the trial match at Broadwood he attended? I'm liking the signing of younger players but is anyone else worried that the only real experience we have in the squad is Nish, Chopper and Kenny?

Roof Fall Fund bank account up and running folks. Get involved and help the club on and off the park. Minimum of £20 a month contribution. Not even the price of a couple of pints a week if you want to look at it in drink terms!

I said to others about getting Liam Kelly on loan would be a good bit of business. He's on a long term deal at Rangers so he's obviously rated there, remember Rangers goalkeeping coach is also the Scotland goalkeeping coach (Jim Stewart) so you would hope he knows his stuff. Speaking of Rangers players, heard we are trying to get Calum Gallacher again, would be surprised if they would want him to drop to league 1, much better target would be that young boy Ryan Hardie who scored a couple for them against Dumbarton last season, unlikely to get game time there and league 1 would be a good level for him to get used to senior football.

Any news on what players caught Nish's eye at the trial match at Broadwood he attended? I'm liking the signing of younger players but is anyone else worried that the only real experience we have in the squad is Nish, Chopper and Kenny?

Lewis Milne, Kyle Miller and Dean Brett have all played about 100 games for the club and Greig Spence has 100 plus appearances at varies different clubs so they are hardly lacking experience.

Christ, how expensive is the bevy 'doon the street' these days?

Pretty sure the Goth has increased its prices since the new owners have taken over. Probably to pay for the MASSIVE TV they have in there now. Still relatively cheap though.

Lewis Milne, Kyle Miller and Dean Brett have all played about 100 games for the club and Greig Spence has 100 plus appearances at varies different clubs so they are hardly lacking experience.

surely 100 games is only about 2 and a half seasons worth of games. I see the point being made but I'm more talking about the late 20's early 30's style pro who is a calm head when you're 2-1 up away from home with 5 mins to go. Not that the players mentioned wont be big players this season but I think succesful Cowden teams in the past have always had a couple of experienced players in the team. I suppose budget isn't going to be helpful when looking for these kind of players

surely 100 games is only about 2 and a half seasons worth of games. I see the point being made but I'm more talking about the late 20's early 30's style pro who is a calm head when you're 2-1 up away from home with 5 mins to go. Not that the players mentioned wont be big players this season but I think succesful Cowden teams in the past have always had a couple of experienced players in the team. I suppose budget isn't going to be helpful when looking for these kind of players

We had a few of them last season who didn't do much.

I really can't think of many that we had last season, Higgins and maybe Robbo fit the category and Marshall, that I think most fans agree was decent until his meltdown at Alloa. Like I said I'd prefer a team mainly of younger players with a few older heads to steady the ship now and then.

Archived