ADL 2015/16

Two reasons why player capable of playing junior choose to play amatuar

1 big fish wee pond they would rather look good every week

2 commitment they either don't want to train twice a week or can't make it because of work commitments and would be on the bench in a junior team and still be starting with an amatuar team.

And they want to play with their mates,and they want to play local..etc,etc.Train twice a week ? Some don't train once a week.Seen more turn up at pre season amatuer training than at some junior teams.Seen a few guys come straight out of amateur to look good at junior level.Remember the guy is talking about at ADL level Where top amatuer teams would I think ,put in a decent showing.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they want to play with their mates,and they want to play local..etc,etc.Train twice a week ? Some don't train once a week.Seen more turn up at pre season amatuer training than at some junior teams.Seen a few guys come straight out of amateur to look good at junior level.Remember the guy is talking about at ADL level Where top amatuer teams would I think ,put in a decent showing.

that's exactly my point mate. Teams struggling need to stop taking has beens from juniors and take a look at amateur teams. And possibly save themselves a small fortune

that's exactly my point mate. Teams struggling need to stop taking has beens from juniors and take a look at amateur teams. And possibly save themselves a small fortune

how would you save yourself a fortune, the good amateurs are getting paid more than a junior club will,

Name these players that are that good , Ksc are average hurlford are the best team in Ayrshire but are nowhere near the team they where , here's a start mullin , gold , knapp , the usual suspects yes they could all play junior football but it doesn't make there clubs able to perform at junior level week in week out
As you know though "junior level" varies widely.

might not be the managers fault,could be the expectations of the club are to big,whitletts expect a lot at the beginining of the season and fall flat on there faces,usually before christmas,might need to lower your expectations guys.

Our aim is always promotion out the ADL. Hardly high expectations!!

i just thought mr tibbs was a wee bit disrespectful to saltcoats,bigger club with bigger expectations he said,saltcoats have the same expectations.they dont appoint a manager and expect to win promotion the next season.these things take time.

Fs, it was said tongue in cheek, to a poster i know away from here!

Archived