West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

striker1 I'm afraid you are talking utter shit.Mccrum is a good player and happy at lanark.If he didn't want to be there why would have kbd shotts, kilbirnie, glenafton etc to name a few to come back. Lanark weren't at it the other night but I think huge credit must go to wishaw they were very good on Wed.As for mccrum being the only "real player" again rubbish.Lanark have several good players and a few more to come in.I guess we will need to see come the end of the season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't disagree more. Wouldn't say Alan has blistering pace at all. Yes, he is a very good footballer and is more than capable of playing through the middle but, is the only real footballer Lanark have. Let's just say, Alan wont be at Lanark come the end of the season.

I don't think he has blistering pace either but he has quick feet. I've only seen us twice so far but, he is not the only "real" footballer in the team. For example, the young lad promoted from our youth team known as Speedy looks an excellent prospect on the wing. He has only just stepped up, having made a couple of brief sub appearances last season. I think he, for one, will do well.

The one thing I will say about Alan is, he seems very happy at Lanark, at present. It is not hard to read Alan as he wears his heart on his sleeve and based upon my conversations with him last week, he is enjoying himself.

I don't think he has blistering pace either but he has quick feet. I've only seen us twice so far but, he is not the only "real" footballer in the team. For example, the young lad promoted from our youth team known as Speedy looks an excellent prospect on the wing. He has only just stepped up, having made a couple of brief sub appearances last season. I think he, for one, will do well.

The one thing I will say about Alan is, he seems very happy at Lanark, at present. It is not hard to read Alan as he wears his heart on his sleeve and based upon my conversations with him last week, he is enjoying himself.

Have they still got your barbaric ban in place?

striker1 I'm afraid you are talking utter shit.Mccrum is a good player and happy at lanark.If he didn't want to be there why would have kbd shotts, kilbirnie, glenafton etc to name a few to come back. Lanark weren't at it the other night but I think huge credit must go to wishaw they were very good on Wed.As for mccrum being the only "real player" again rubbish.Lanark have several good players and a few more to come in.I guess we will need to see come the end of the season.

Not once did I say he wasn't happy there. Personally if he continues to stand out, I think a team from a higher divivsion will take a chance on him and try and sign him. Yes there is several good players at Lanark but he the only player within the team that has any sort of composure on the ball. He very rarely wants to humf the ball up the park. He wants to play passes. No other player within Lanark has the composure he has. No other player within Lanark keeps the ball the way he does.

bc57...... yes I agree that Speedy looks an excellent prospect but hes a totally different type of player from Alan. Alan wants to play football the way it should be played. Yes, you need guys like Speedy along with players like Alan to have a succesfull team. My definition of "real" player is someone whose composed on the ball along with someone who has a footballing brain.....Alan ticks all the boxes.

Gl Perthshire 2 Forth 2

Twice forth went ahead in a incident packed game.

Referee had a howler when the forth full back slid in with a perfectly timed challenge only for the ref to give a penalty with no home players appealing for it. This allowed Perthshire to level at 2 apiece.

Decent performance by both teams

Have they still got your barbaric ban in place?

I will be at the next away game and the next home game, as I am now available for the foreseeable.

No one has actually apologised for what happened but, in my view, life is too short and, as so many people have counselled me, just go and support the team and don't let others behaviour grind me down.

Line drawn, move on.

Not once did I say he wasn't happy there. Personally if he continues to stand out, I think a team from a higher divivsion will take a chance on him and try and sign him. Yes there is several good players at Lanark but he the only player within the team that has any sort of composure on the ball. He very rarely wants to humf the ball up the park. He wants to play passes. No other player within Lanark has the composure he has. No other player within Lanark keeps the ball the way he does.

bc57...... yes I agree that Speedy looks an excellent prospect but hes a totally different type of player from Alan. Alan wants to play football the way it should be played. Yes, you need guys like Speedy along with players like Alan to have a succesfull team. My definition of "real" player is someone whose composed on the ball along with someone who has a footballing brain.....Alan ticks all the boxes.

In that context, as I have said often before, Alan stands out ahead of so many other players, not just at Lanark.

He has returned to Lanark for a reason, however.

I will be at the next away game and the next home game, as I am now available for the foreseeable.

No one has actually apologised for what happened but, in my view, life is too short and, as so many people have counselled me, just go and support the team and don't let others behaviour grind me down.

Line drawn, move on.

Good stuff. ????

In that context, as I have said often before, Alan stands out ahead of so many other players, not just at Lanark.

He has returned to Lanark for a reason, however.

As you say.... That's why I call him a real player. Not once said he wants to leave or has a reason for being at Lanark. Just been impressed with him anytime I've saw him (saw him quite a bit last year for Shotts) and think he could easily be snapped up.

Ye great 3 points, good point for the Albert too against Gartcairn, shows there will be no easy games in this league this season. I took in the 2nd half of Bens v Lang , for me Bens were better team even when going down to 10 men and had a couple of great chances to take the lead. I left with 5 mins to go and still 0-0 and didn't expect to hear that Lang had won. Be interesting to hear what the Lang fans felt about their performance.

5 at a wedding so we were more than happy with the performance. Would have taken a point before the game and that looked like what we were getting until the last minute penalty. So its a cracking win and Bens will take points from a lot of teams esp at home. We weren't great and Bens missed some chances.

Archived