West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

Would agree with this. Had Vale kept 11 men on the field I'm confident they would have agot a draw at least.

I wasn't at the game, but it's a convincing result, 10 men or not. Give new mains credit, they obviously maintained their discipline, shape and game plan and capitalised on it. Even with 11 men staying on the park, could the game really have been that different?!?! Who knows. Well done Newmains.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't at the game, but it's a convincing result, 10 men or not. Give new mains credit, they obviously maintained their discipline, shape and game plan and capitalised on it. Even with 11 men staying on the park, could the game really have been that different?!?! Who knows. Well done Newmains.

Credit where credits due..... Newmains are a vastly improved side from seasons gone by. Can see them doing well this season. On today's showing though, I honestly think had Vale kept 11 on the field they would have got something. As you say though the games also about discipline and on that showing Newmains put them to the sword

As you said Newmains kept their cool and won the game at a canter in the end. I was thoroughly enjoying the game with a full compliment of players.

It was close and tense affair, few half chances for either team.

The point I made about the goalkeeper was just give him some credit, you don't often see a goalie these days pulling a ball down with both hands above the heads of the attackers at corners, and throw in some smart stops.

A fine goalkeeper in anyone's book.

A good three points for Newmains, hope I'm not banished from the sidelines after my first game watching them.????

I managed to get to the game at Gartcairn yesterday, albeit 10 minutes late after getting lost so I got there at 1-0.

Very worrying as imo there was nothing between the teams when numerically even and it looked to me that a few Port players wanted out at the end and threw the towel in when things weren't going our way.

To be imo matching a team for the first half but come away with a 4-1 defeat is not a good sign for the club.

Well done to Gartcairn, started their season well.

I managed to get to the game at Gartcairn yesterday, albeit 10 minutes late after getting lost so I got there at 1-0.

Very worrying as imo there was nothing between the teams when numerically even and it looked to me that a few Port players wanted out at the end and threw the towel in when things weren't going our way.

To be imo matching a team for the first half but come away with a 4-1 defeat is not a good sign for the club.

Well done to Gartcairn, started their season well.

Would not agree that the Port matched Gartcairn as imo they had 1 shot in the first half to Gartcairns 6 or 7. I thought Port battled well and had most of their chances when down to 9 men! poor discipline cost them no doubt about it.

Kris Dick is a thug and is one of the worst players playing junior football. Soon as they are losing he is not interested unless its to punch or kick someone. Seen him do it down at Port last season.

Would not agree that the Port matched Gartcairn as imo they had 1 shot in the first half to Gartcairns 6 or 7. I thought Port battled well and had most of their chances when down to 9 men! poor discipline cost them no doubt about it.

Kris Dick is a thug and is one of the worst players playing junior football. Soon as they are losing he is not interested unless its to punch or kick someone. Seen him do it down at Port last season.

Agree to disagree then.

Was Fabi playing for the Port on Sat what's your take on the game? Didn't make it up but good result for gartcairn although made easy with Port Glasgow getting 3 sent off I suppose.

Played first 45 but well off pace and rightly subbed at half time.... I've got to say when we got back to 2-1 I felt we were on ascendency and IMO playing the better football. I was sure we would get back in game in 2nd half but as you say indiscipline cost us and has been the story of our season so far. Gartcairn have a few decent players and thought Murph pulled the strings in the middle of the park more than Pollock, but would say have seen better teams so far this season although the league table doesn't lie!

What did you honesty think of penalty given against me for 2nd goal? The ref said I stopped a goal scoring opportunity . I jumped early for a header didn't put my hands on anyone and ended up flat out in mid air after a Gartcairn player arched his back and flipped me. I genuinely thought it was a foul against me!! If I did as ref said why was I not sent of also??

Yip , lot of young guys in the team who will find out the hard way if they keep getting booked and sent off, but we actually have some smashing players so it has been a bit of a frustrating start to see for us. Long way to go and I'm sure our gaffer will sort it out!

They were a disgrace a team of thugs ,and absolutely pish players they must have emptied the jails at the wkend to get them there tackling was nothing but cowardly and dangerous the boy kris dick is well named ,they should change is name to pish dick he was the biggest p***k I have seen in a long time playing football at any level ,and he will get sorted on the park only a matter of time

Dunno if I'm reading this right

Disagree about Kris Dick

Just clarifying Do you think the forth team are thugs, jailbirds and pish or are you talking about some other team ?

Archived