The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Let’s face it Rat McK was a fairly average manager and had been sacked for incompetence prior to his appointment with us. . However the fact the Falkirk chose to make an approach so as to induce him and his rodent sidekick to renage on their contracts does rather suggest they think Morton are a soft touch. I think we should sue the crap out of them for all the compo we can get. Hope our vastly experienced accountant is currently working on the quantum of our claim. 

Let’s face it Rat McK was a fairly average manager and had been sacked for incompetence prior to his appointment with us. . However the fact the Falkirk chose to make an approach so as to induce him and his rodent sidekick to renage on their contracts does rather suggest they think Morton are a soft touch. I think we should sue the crap out of them for all the compo we can get. Hope our vastly experienced accountant is currently working on the quantum of our claim. 
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

This is fucking brilliant. Never stop crying these tears.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

This is fucking brilliant. Never stop crying these tears.

No tears, Man of Falkirk, no tears...

We Morton Men are largely disappointed that our gentlemanly Chairman chose to expose his gentlemanly disappointment in the way he did... but we are happy to be rid of M******* (who does look like a smug wee Rat in your avatar; ta...).

It is more likely than not, as far as The Ghost of B A R P can see -- and that is pretty damn far -- that your new manager has initiated the beginning of the end of his 'career'...

Will they fine you? Don't know, but they should.

Will there be compensation? Don't know, but there should.

Will you go down? F**kin hope so, tbh...

Will Rat Boy then be out of job? Certs.

Will anybody ever give him another proper one? Probably not.

You have a good season, now...

2 hours ago, madton said:

How could Goodwin reject St Mirren if he wasn't offered the job??

Clear difference between withdrawing from the process and knocking back an offer!

I thought he was? I'm pretty sure I read an article where he explained why he rejected them and stayed with Alloa for giving him the chance...

2 hours ago, madton said:

How could Goodwin reject St Mirren if he wasn't offered the job??

Clear difference between withdrawing from the process and knocking back an offer!

There is yes but withdrawing from the process?

So he was involved in the process?

And withdrew for the same reasons and principles.

Edited by Acastus

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

Morton fans, you really need to make your minds up. Is he a rat or a snake?

Minds already made up. The fact that a minging manager has chosen to jump ship to a minging club with the most minging of squads and at the close of the transfer deadline is a cause for tears of laughter.  You cannot polish a turd even if he wears a pullover and a numpty wee  beard thing. 

12 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:
Minds already made up. The fact that a minging manager has chosen to jump ship to a minging club with the most minging of squads and at the close of the transfer deadline is a cause for tears of laughter.  You cannot polish a turd even if he wears a pullover and a numpty wee  beard thing. 

Lol.

Wee honesty poll for the Morton fans then...

How many of you were desperate for, demanding, and very happy when Jim Duffy was dismissed from his employment?

How many can see the hypocrisy that the club is to be celebrated for sacking someone yet an employee exercising his fundamental right to go and work elsewhere hets called rat/snake/judas?

Your emotions at the time were understandable despite how hilarious they were.

You are now coming across as bitter hypocrites. Imagine the standards you are jolding McKinnon to were expected of you all in your employment.

Get a fucking grip.

Edited by Bairnardo

I'd hold back on answering that until we see if Morton actually take this further. The main thing for me has been how easy it was for him to go. He's there now so I don't see much point in thinking too much about that.

There's more to it one way or the other though. Either we've badly fucked up, or McKinnon/Falkirk has. If we made it easier for him to move on then that's our problem. I'd hope that isn't the case though.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lol.

Wee honesty poll for the Morton fans then...

How many of you were desperate for, demanding, and very happy when Jim Duffy was dismissed from his employment?

How many can see the hypocrisy that the club is to be celebrated for sacking someone yet an employee exercising his fundamental right to go and work elsewhere hets called rat/snake/judas?

Your emotions at the time were understandable despite how hilarious they were.

You are now coming across as bitter hypocrites. Imagine the standards you are jolding McKinnon to were expected of you all in your employment.

Get a fucking grip.

What’s bitterness got to do with it. He was our asset and, as Falkirk seem to have chosen  to induce him to terminate that arrangement, they leave themselves and Rat open to action. More than happy for Crawford to spend a fair part of his sweetie money testing that out.  A points deduction would be good if they ever get any.

What’s bitterness got to do with it. He was our asset and, as Falkirk seem to have chosen  to induce him to terminate that arrangement, they leave themselves and Rat open to action. More than happy for Crawford to spend a fair part of his sweetie money testing that out.  A points deduction would be good if they ever get any.
Our asset.... GTF. Jesus wept.

If you can prove he or our board broke laws then fair enough. We will direct our anger there as deserved. Until then, he is a guy with a career, a family, probably a mortgage same as the rest of us.

If you value loyalty to your employer more than the pursuit of better money/ opportunities (and for the sake of not going round in circles, thats McKinnons perspective) then I dont know what to tell you. In that scenario you would just be too mental for me to comprehend.

OR.... You are a grownup who is lashing out at another grown up because you are unable to separate football from actual real life.

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He's not getting called a rat for leaving Morton, though, is he? He's getting called a rat for entering into a process with Falkirk, then taking training and sitting gurning like a f**kin imbecile in a squad photo, knowing he'd be f**kin off in a few hours...

Morton got bits of this wrong (when Rae was approached on the Friday, he should have said he'd discuss it with Mckinnon on the Monday morning, then offered to terminate his contract... i.e. bagged the rat c**t), but Falkirk have got all of it wrong.

And the only question for Falkirk fans is _why_?

Don't worry, The Ghost of B A R P will answer for you: sheer, rabid, blind, desperation at the realisation they'd let a bust manager assemble a terrible squad. If they get lucky and their desperate decision works out for them, then OK... but the odds are against.

If Morton, on the other hand, can get Hopkin in, we'll most likely be fine...

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you value loyalty to your employer more than the pursuit of better money/ opportunities (and for the sake of not going round in circles, thats McKinnons perspective) then I dont know what to tell you. In that scenario you would just be too mental for me to comprehend.

You're missing the point, very probably deliberately: nothing to do with 'loyalty' (otherwise nobody would ever leave a job), but everything to do with how you go about it. Mckinnon has damaged himself; if you can't acknowledge that, you're thick or perverse. If it goes badly at Falkirk, he's done... and he'll have done it to himself.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Our asset.... GTF. Jesus wept.

If you can prove he or our board broke laws then fair enough. We will direct our anger there as deserved. Until then, he is a guy with a career, a family, probably a mortgage same as the rest of us.

OR.... You are a grownup who is lashing out at another grown up because you are unable to separate football from actual real life.

It’s business son. Why should the shareholders in Morton suffer simply because some wee scrote they  hired to build a squad chose to walk after experimenting us out of 2 cups and only three months into his contract. If, as you allege Rat chose to break his contract—as far as I can see we didn’t accept his resignation—for easy money up front rather than to stick with his deal and maximise his income by building success  then why should Morton not recover its losses by suing the crap out of both of them.  

Class is obviously in short supply in Grangemouth. 

It’s business son. Why should the shareholders in Morton suffer simply because some wee scrote they  hired to build a squad chose to walk after experimenting us out of 2 cups and only three months into his contract. If, as you allege Rat chose to break his contract—as far as I can see we didn’t accept his resignation—for easy money up front rather than to stick with his deal and maximise his income by building success  then why should Morton not recover its losses by suing the crap out of both of them.  
Class is obviously in short supply in Grangemouth. 
Son [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Another roaster then.

Once again.... If he broke any laws or terms of his contract, he will of course be subject to the appropriate penalties.

But since you dont know anything about that and are simply flailing around raging, I will wait and see what if anything happens officially.

What losses are you going to recover? Do you think its worth asking the SFA if they will let you back in the cups because Ray is a baddy [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Thank f**k you are evidently too thick to ever be anyones gaffer with attitudes like that.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Son emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Another roaster then.

Once again.... If he broke any laws or terms of his contract, he will of course be subject to the appropriate penalties.

But since you dont know anything about that and are simply flailing around raging, I will wait and see what if anything happens officially.

What losses are you going to recover? Do you think its worth asking the SFA if they will let you back in the cups because Ray is a baddy emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Thank f**k you are evidently too thick to ever be anyones gaffer with attitudes like that.

What do you mean if he broke the terms of his contract. He signed for 12 months  and turned up in your dunghut after 3 months without being released by the other party to the contract. Of course Shonky Lawters for you would jump on this one. You’ve clearly have breathed in too much of the refinery fumes. 

What do you mean if he broke the terms of his contract. He signed for 12 months  and turned up in your dunghut after 3 months without being released by the other party to the contract. Of course Shonky Lawters for you would jump on this one. You’ve clearly have breathed in too much of the refinery fumes. 

Yeah, I am signed up permanently to my employer, yet can give them notice as per the terms of my contract that I am going to leave.

Likewise, they can give me the same notice to change any of the terms of my contract.

Unless you know the precise terms of Rays contract, and the details of the conversations between Ray/Morton/Falkirk then you are, as I have already said, simply flailing about in a rage, turning your support of a football team into some wild expectations of the conduct of a complete stranger.

So if its all the same to you I will continue to point and laugh at your senseless vomiting of rage induced interpretations of employment law.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, I am signed up permanently to my employer, yet can give them notice as per the terms of my contract that I am going to leave.

Likewise, they can give me the same notice to change any of the terms of my contract.

Unless you know the precise terms of Rays contract, and the details of the conversations between Ray/Morton/Falkirk then you are, as I have already said, simply flailing about in a rage, turning your support of a football team into some wild expectations of the conduct of a complete stranger.

So if its all the same to you I will continue to point and laugh at your senseless vomiting of rage induced interpretations of employment law.

You seem to think I actually give a shit about McKinnon. I have questioned his very modest abilities since in his Raith days and was against him even appearing on our short list. 

His, and Falkirk’s, behaviour on this just gives us a chance to play legal hard ball which I think we should take. Do you think Rat’s contract allows him to turn up in another teams dunghout 16 hours after he said he wanted to quit but was told he couldn’t. Your Board has fucked up big time though nothing new there.