The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

8 hours ago, Heisenberg93 said:

There were a couple of incidents with the two gangsters that are on your board, that made Ray feel uneasy, he got the opportunity to get out of dodge and he took it.

If you knew the full story, you wouldn’t feel quite so bitter about him leaving.

So we can all take it you know the full story then cause your in the know. 

Do share or f**k up either will do fine.

The Easdale allegedly putting pressure on McKinnon to play his son, who is pish.  Not really a big revelation seeing as it's on the Morton board and was rumoured to be the reason we lost our last under 20s coach.  I seriously doubt this is the reason McKinnon snaked us though if it's even true.  

https://gmfc.net/2018/09/06/jonatan-johansson-appointed-morton-manager/ Jonatan Johansson appointed as manager

--

Greenock Morton Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Jonatan Johansson as our new first-team manager on a two-year contract.

The former Rangers, Charlton Athletic, Norwich City, Hibernian, and St Johnstone striker takes charge with immediate effect.

A Finnish international who won over 100 caps for his country, Johansson began his coaching career at Cappielow as co-development squad manager with David Hopkin in 2012.

From here, the 43-year-old moved to Motherwell and took charge of their Under-20s before spells as an assistant manager with both the Finland national team and, most recently, Rangers.

Through our previous working relationship with Skelmorlie-based Johansson, we saw potential as a first-team manager and identified him as our primary target to fill the role.

Jonatan is a real student of the game and, as well as impressing with his knowledge and ideas during discussions, his aims and ambitions were in line with our own. This was vital.

The board of directors recognise that we have a fantastic changing room comprised of a talented group of players and we wanted to ensure that there was a synergy between them and the new manager.

We firmly believe that Jonatan’s structured mindset, hunger to succeed, and personable manner will be an ideal fit with our current squad and are thrilled to welcome him to the club.

Chairman Crawford Rae said: “We are absolutely delighted to announce Jonatan Johansson as the new manager of Greenock Morton Football Club.

“Jonatan has a fantastic CV, both playing and coaching, and has been eager for an opportunity to get into management. We are thrilled about our appointment and we look forward to sharing this new chapter together.

“JJ has a fantastic work ethic, a great football brain, and I cannot wait to see him in action as we rekindle Greenock Morton’s long-standing Nordic association of over 50 years.”

Edited by boulderdomb

I also heard about the whole gangster incident through a completely impartial source (not a very solid source either but an ex-player who now coaches in the second tier so should know his stuff) and, if it’s what I heard, I don’t blame McKinnon for moving on as soon as possible too.

Morten are now, in my eyes, not only a terrible football club but also very immoral and really should be investigated by the SFA. I would expect, if this source is correct, that nothing will come of the compensation issue because Morten won’t want this issue highlighted to the SFA or the criminal courts.

Greenock Morten - Scotland’s shame.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

I also heard about the whole gangster incident through a completely impartial source (not a very solid source either but an ex-player who now coaches in the second tier so should know his stuff) and, if it’s what I heard, I don’t blame McKinnon for moving on as soon as possible too.

Morten are now, in my eyes, not only a terrible football club but also very immoral and really should be investigated by the SFA. I would expect, if this source is correct, that nothing will come of the compensation issue because Morten won’t want this issue highlighted to the SFA or the criminal courts.

Nobody cares what you think though ya loony.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Trying far too hard here. 

Comedy just isn't for some people, don't worry.

Well we have a manager now - welcome aboard. Glad it's not McGhee or Smith etc.

I doubt we will seriously go after Falkirk for compensation or anything. Crawford's statement has done the job of showing McKinnon to be an outright liar and made an already vile club somehow look even more despicable. Damage done IMO. Onwards and upwards.

Well we have a manager now - welcome aboard. Glad it's not McGhee or Smith etc.
I doubt we will seriously go after Falkirk for compensation or anything. Crawford's statement has done the job of showing McKinnon to be an outright liar and made an already vile club somehow look even more despicable. Damage done IMO. Onwards and upwards.

An already vile club. Not being funny but what are you basing that on? Just out of interest.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

https://media.giphy.com/media/LRxugmH6BnAEE/giphy.gif