The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

That's a real shame, I had forgotten all about him until I saw that list and didn't remember hearing anything at the time.

Aye, deserved more than just a fade into obscurity. Bobby Barr couldn't hold a candle...

Alan Combe as in the ex St. Mirren keeper? I don't even remember him playing for us... :lol:

EDIT I thought Stephen Stirling was decent enough before he got his leg snapped by that tosser Murray.

Edited by IainMorton

EDIT I thought Stephen Stirling was decent enough before he got his leg snapped by that tosser Murray.

Poor man's Joe McKee.

As for Combe, I didn't remember him really doing anything at all and took that as a sign he wasn't that great.

Poor man's Paul Mathers.

I'm probably trippin' here, but was Alan Combe not heavy #dece for us when he signed mid-way through the season?

Aye he was alright if I remember correctly, decent stop-gap. I'm pretty sure Colin Stewart was still our main choice at that time, so anything with a pair of legs that could move was probably a preferable option.

Aye he was alright if I remember correctly, decent stop-gap. I'm pretty sure Colin Stewart was still our main choice at that time, so anything with a pair of legs that could move was probably a preferable option.

Was this the same Colin Stewart who made a world class point blank save at home to Ross County - then proceeded to drop the ball in off the post?

Was this the same Colin Stewart who made a world class point blank save at home to Ross County - then proceeded to drop the ball in off the post?

Summed him up in a nutshell. Couldn't believe that save when he made it. Then... fuckin' hell.

To think he was our player of the year the season before :/