The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

30 minutes ago, GMFC89 said:

Being honest not knowing an awful lot about who was signed and who wasn’t for you lads and not having any particular interest to be looking for anything I can’t say I took anything of note. Knocked the ball about reasonably well without ever really causing us problems. Had a few shots from distance in the first half which Mullin delt with comfortably. 

Thanks for that. 

Good luck for the season ahead it is going to be very tight  in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Anything or anybody  decent for Queens.

As above, no one really stood out, some decent enough play without causing us too much hassle, Kennedy looked lively but didn’t offer much, the number 9 upfront was poor, 2 or 3 opportunities he had which he done nothing with. A good work out all round for both teams though getting up to speed. 

Pretty much agree with everything said above. We must also remember that these are laddies who, in some cases, only rocked up at Cappielow a few days ago. But having watched Dougie’s ability to consistently get the absolute best tunes out of his players, I’m confident that the upcoming season will be a good one for Ton. Based on watching YT videos and on the flashes I saw today - given the right club environment, attitude, workrate, commitment, coaching and Imrie-level career management - I believe that our Mr. Reynolds seriously has the potential to become the Championship’s next Dipo Akinyemi. Screenshot this post for future reference. It will either prove me as P&B’s most gifted clairvoyant, or prove me to be its most delusional and epic chump. I’m happy to take either.

Edit - George who?

Edited by Chippyminton

He didn’t look like it was his natural position but Reynolds made some intelligent bended runs in behind from the striker position which we could have found him with if we had been more clinical with our passing. His game intelligence seemed so much better than someone like quitongo who has similar attributes.

Davies looked decent as well and looks very comfortable pressing from the front which is promising.

the lack of height in attacking areas was noticeable and it must be said that it was most stark in the second half when Baird came on for broadfoot. I thought broadfoot, the trialist centre back, Gillespie and Mullen linked well in the first half but when Baird came on and Gillespie came off  at half time (from what I remember Gillespie went off at half time) we lost control of the game and Baird was still playing as if we had Oakley and Muirhead to lump balls to.

21 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Pretty much agree with everything said above. We must also remember that these are laddies who, in some cases, only rocked up at Cappielow a few days ago. But having watched Dougie’s ability to consistently get the absolute best tunes out of his players, I’m confident that the upcoming season will be a good one for Ton. Based on watching YT videos and on the flashes I saw today - given the right club environment, attitude, workrate, commitment, coaching and Imrie-level career management - I believe that our Mr. Reynolds seriously has the potential to become the Championship’s next Dipo Akinyemi. Screenshot this post for future reference. It will either prove me as P&B’s most gifted clairvoyant, or prove me to be its most delusional and epic chump. I’m happy to take either.

Edit - George who?

Settle petal.

On 29/06/2024 at 19:43, Chippyminton said:

Edit - George who?

There is a fine line between Dipo Akinyemi and Ahkeem Rose.