The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

That’s came out the blue. I’ll take it though as we were still very short of credible options up there. Played plenty at this level and still young too.

Had heard he’d been training with us but I’m pleasantly surprised we’ve been able to sign both him and Stuparevic. Plenty of competition for those attacking places now.

Available for selection tonight, how terribly exciting. 

5 minutes ago, Chicken Soup said:

Had heard he’d been training with us but I’m pleasantly surprised we’ve been able to sign both him and Stuparevic. Plenty of competition for those attacking places now.

Available for selection tonight, how terribly exciting. 

Have to assume somebody is looking at the door.

6 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Have to assume somebody is looking at the door.

Either this or additional injury concerns, 

Fillip taken off vs Raith after being on the ground for a time, Speculative aye but always a possibility, that or an extension to Shaws continued absence. 

a signing that raises more questions than gaps in the team it fills    

18 minutes ago, Pedro1874 said:

Either this or additional injury concerns, 

Fillip taken off vs Raith after being on the ground for a time, Speculative aye but always a possibility, that or an extension to Shaws continued absence. 

a signing that raises more questions than gaps in the team it fills    

Scrap that Stuparevic is fine  

Wilson, on the bench Blues from the start , King for Delaney. Woods for Mullen  

image.png.8934b0285f7008e4d42a6646a83f09c7.png

I’m sure we’ll see him at some point this evening, but if Davies isn’t even starting these games I don’t really understand why we brought him over.

24 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

What’s the thoughts on Lamar Reynolds? Only to three Ton games this season so not fully up to speed.

Cannot fault his effort but really does not look up to it at this level.

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Cannot fault his effort but really does not look up to it at this level.

Thought that would be the case. Was at Ayr away and thought he gave the centre halves a hard time, but the one time it did run through to him for a chance he didn’t look like he knew what he was doing.

46 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

What’s the thoughts on Lamar Reynolds? Only to three Ton games this season so not fully up to speed.

I’ll continue to give him a chance, he played very good against airdrie and rightly solidified his position but against Ayr he was back to his old self we need to see more of the Lamar that played against airdrie 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Annoying me more than it should, but a Morton kit should have a lighter shade of blue, even if it is the away kit.

That is all.

Yellow and light blue would not go but I get what you mean 

1 hour ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

It’s his speed of thought that lets him down for me. He’s got pace and he can accelerate into a good position but hesitates when deciding what to do next and loses it. Maybe he got that time to decide at his previous level, but he won’t up here. 

When you look at his performance against Airdrie, the goal he scored in the cup, and parts of his other performances, there’s hope yet that he can contribute over the course of the season. I’m just glad we’re not relying on him as our first choice.