Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long before Brendan Rodgers is given the boot? Lose the Merseyside Derby on Sunday and he'll be under huge pressure. Doesn't get much easier with Spurs after the international break.

I genuinely thought he'd be gone after the Carlisle game. I'd be astonished if he wasn't sacked if there is a loss at the weekend, particularly with the international break coming up.

I genuinely thought he'd be gone after the Carlisle game. I'd be astonished if he wasn't sacked if there is a loss at the weekend, particularly with the international break coming up.

Was about to say this, clubs seem to love International breaks for a sacking

They have two wins in the last eight games, a 3-2 win over Villa then an extra time win over League Two Carlisle. All this combined with the seethe that still hangs from the 6-1 pumping from Stoke as the final game last season is probably deemed "unacceptable"

Liverpool have scored more than 1 goal in a game twice in their last 17 matches; against Villa and against relegated QPR last May.

The Carlisle win wasn't even a win really, it was on penalties. For any EPL team to come out of a run of HOME games against Norwich, Villa, Carlisle and Sion with only one win is unacceptable.

The fact that the other teams are all dropping points doesn't mean that Liverpool should be happy with what they're doing just now.

Or to conclude negotiations with the bloke they've already been talking to for weeks behind the current manager's back.

I wonder how aware they are of who would come to the club. We all know there are 2 big names currently out of a job.

Those in charge can't really be accused of a lack of loyalty to Brendan Rodgers though.

I wonder how aware they are of who would come to the club. We all know there are 2 big names currently out of a job.

Those in charge can't really be accused of a lack of loyalty to Brendan Rodgers though.

Isn't it a bit of a step down for the two of them though? Bundesliga winner rewarded with....Liverpool job. CL winner rewarded with.... etc.

I'd say it's more likely to be your Roberto Martinez / Garry Monk type of candidate. Or if they are going for a foreign manager maybe the likes of Walter Mazzarri. Jurgen Kilnsmann would always be a good punt if anyone can convince him to leave LA, maybe he's still waiting for his Curb Your Enthusiasm cameo.

Archived