Premier League 2015-16

Had a look at the Sunderland forum, they seem to love big Dick.

Link.

Thought they'd have been dead against him, but seems they share the (Uneducated) view I gave earlier.

ETA: Maybe not, reading on!

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noble English professional Jamie Vardy, cleverly anticipating contact and going down.

On another note, players celebrating oblivious to the fact the goals been ruled out amuses me greatly. Ramires done a peach a few weeks ago.

RawB93, on 03 Oct 2015 - 23:26, said:

Noble English professional Jamie Vardy, cleverly anticipating contact and going down.

On another note, players celebrating oblivious to the fact the goals been ruled out amuses me greatly. Ramires done a peach a few weeks ago.

Why does one distinctly average English striker have a storker of a season every year in the Prem? This Bobby Zamora syndrome is rife in England. Ricky Lambert, Andy Johnson and with a tin hat on, Harry Kane have been the recipient of this privilege in recent times and now it's Vardy's turn. (Fair enough my Johnson example is about 10 year old!)

From now on, it should be called 'Pulling a Zamora'.

Why does one distinctly average English striker have a storker of a season every year in the Prem? This Bobby Zamora syndrome is rife in England. Ricky Lambert, Andy Johnson and with a tin hat on, Harry Kane have been the recipient of this privilege in recent times and now it's Vardy's turn. (Fair enough my Johnson example is about 10 year old!)

David Nugent?

Oh and uh, Kevin Phillips

Tbf think he was quite a solid player for a good while, goal scoring record from 97-2008 reads 366 games played 177 goals. 246 in 580. Although he never ever done it for England, some decent competition to be fair.

The top English scorers since football began in 1992:

92/93: Teddy Sheringham (22)

93/94: Andy Cole (34)

94/95: Alan Shearer (34)

95/96: Alan Shearer (31)

96/97: Alan Shearer (25)

97/98: Dion Dublin/Michael Owen/Chris Sutton (18)

98/99: Michael Owen (18)

99/00: Kevin Phillips (30)

00/01: Marcus Stewart (19)

01/02: Alan Shearer (23)

02/03: James Beattie (23)

03/04: Alan Shearer (22)

04/05: Andy Johnson (21)

05/06: Darren Bent (18)

06/07: Wayne Rooney (14)

07/08: No Englishmen in the top 10

08/09: Steven Gerrard (16)

09/10: Wayne Rooney (26)

10/11: Darren Bent (17)

11/12: Wayne Rooney (27)

12/13: Rickie Lambert/Frank Lampard (15)

13/14: Daniel Sturridge (21)

14/15: Harry Kane (21)

Especially amusing reading is seeing the proliferation of the foreigners: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_Premier_League_goal_scorers_by_season

You don't need a tin hat for Harry Kane.

A distinctly average player who had a decent half season.

Archived