Premier League 2015-16

Yet Cabaye has signed for Palace from PSG.

The dead wood includes Alberto and Aspas - £15 million. Liverpool also paid £7 million for Tiago Ilori who has spent the last two seasons on loan.

Gundogan from Dortmund would be a good signing - creative, great passing and solid when defending. Certainly better than Joe Allen.

The fact that he's signing for Crystal Palace would suggest he's not a "top drawer" player. He's 29 now, couldn't get a regular game at PSG and the big clubs in England didn't even look twice at him. A good player, yes, but not a great one.

As for your last point, Gundogan would be good signing, but i'm also sure we both could sit here and list 200 players better than Joe Allen...

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that he's signing for Crystal Palace would suggest he's not a "top drawer" player. He's 29 now, couldn't get a regular game at PSG and the big clubs in England didn't even look twice at him. A good player, yes, but not a great one.

As for your last point, Gundogan would be good signing, but i'm also sure we both could sit here and list 200 players better than Joe Allen...

Cabaye is still in the French squad. Not a great player but very good at Newcastle under Pardew, probably the reason he went to Palace. I not sure where Bodgers will play Milner. As for Joe Allen, only 200?

200 was just the starters for Joe Allen.

The chat from Milner was that one of the reasons he went there was to play centrally. So i'd imagine a midfield three of Henderson, Can and Milner would be the best Liverpool an produce.

They would have a couple of different ways of playing. Could go 4-3-3 with the afore mentioned trio behind Firminho, Countinho and Benteke. They could even have the diamond in midfield with Can at the base and Coutinho at the tip,with Milner and Henderson in the middle. I've got to be honest, I know next to nothing about Firminho. Is he a wide man, no.10, or striker?

Going back to Cabaye, I have no doubt that Pardew was a huge factor in him signing for Palace, but I still wouldn't see him signing for a club much bigger. Maybe an Everton/Southampton type club but nothing bigger.

Yet Cabaye has signed for Palace from PSG.

The dead wood includes Alberto and Aspas - £15 million. Liverpool also paid £7 million for Tiago Ilori who has spent the last two seasons on loan.

Gundogan from Dortmund would be a good signing - creative, great passing and solid when defending. Certainly better than Joe Allen.[/quote

You can see what they've tried to do with Llori. He was part of the very good Portugal side at the Euro U21 champs. He might get a chance in pre-season to prove himself.

Delph's move to City's "back on". Take it if that goes through then that'll put to bed the McCarthy to City rumours.

Sign them both. Competition for the much vaunted fifth choice central midfield berth.

On a related matter, somewhat, Cabaye > Milner.

Archived