Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klopp and the English media would be a sickly combination, they'll lap up his clown antics more than they ever did with Rodgers or even Mourinho.

Liverpool can't really go wrong with this appointment; any of Klopp, Ancelotti or Klinsmann are successful managers who bring knowledge and contacts from a superior level of football that should take them beyond the Lambert/Lallana/Ings type dross that have been stinking out their squad recently.

Given the current state of the top teams in England, it's not a bad time to take advantage of the availability of some successful managers with a longer term view of challengin for the title.

Rodgers has less say in Liverpool's transfer targets than i do. His real failings have been he's failed to get his teams to have any sort of identity or style in the last year or so.

His first season he wanted his team to play " his way " by keeping possession lots and playing from the back, but ditched that when he wasn't getting results and it's never been seen again.

Second season the style was high pressing and coming out the blocks fast and blowing teams away, which was obviously helped by Suarez, but could have continued after he left. I don't think the transfer committee helped his cause with transfer dealings the season after Suarez left, but to go from that style to what it is now has to be blamed mostly on the manager.

They've played for over a year now with absolutely no identity and they just look like a hollow paint by numbers team that has no plans to progress and are just going through the motions in the hope another talisman striker shows up, and for that reason he had to go as if the manager has no clear plan to improve and progress then they shouldn't be there.

It will be interesting to see how he does in his next job. If it's a club that allows him full control of transfers it will be interesting to see if he gets players in to play to his original style he had at Swansea and the first season at Liverpool.

Second season the style was high pressing and coming out the blocks fast and blowing teams away, which was obviously helped by Suarez, but could have continued after he left. I don't think the transfer committee helped his cause with transfer dealings the season after Suarez left, but to go from that style to what it is now has to be blamed mostly on the manager.

They've played for over a year now with absolutely no identity and they just look like a hollow paint by numbers team that has no plans to progress and are just going through the motions in the hope another talisman striker shows up, and for that reason he had to go as if the manager has no clear plan to improve and progress then they shouldn't be there.

They should have gone all out to get Loic Remy when Suarez left. He could have slotted into their style of play easily, and was coming off a good season in England.

Instead they signed a load of players who weren't good enough, or if they were, didn't fit into their style of play, and didn't address the already existing weaknesses in the squad (They still haven't signed a goalkeeper).

They should have gone all out to get Loic Remy when Suarez left. He could have slotted into their style of play easily, and was coming off a good season in England.

Instead they signed a load of players who weren't good enough, or if they were, didn't fit into their style of play, and didn't address the already existing weaknesses in the squad (They still haven't signed a goalkeeper).

Remy was all set to join but he failed his medical. Don't think he alone would have solved things for Liverpool to be honest.

Remy was all set to join but he failed his medical. Don't think he alone would have solved things for Liverpool to be honest.

Ah didn't realise he had failed a medical there.

I agree that they wouldn't have been at the same level as the season before, but I think he would have made a big difference. They could have maintained a similar style to the previous season, and while Remy isn't as good as Suarez, he could do a similar job and at EPL level he's superb. He had carried Newcastle the season before.

Where is Rab B tonight???

Driving back from Goodison Lichtie! The news came on Talksport at Moffat.

We've all been wondering for the last few weeks what way this would go and it looks there's finally been a majority decision behind the scenes to sack him. Looks like Ancellotti has been sounded out and they are going to snap him up now while he's still available.

Brendan will get a job elsewhere no problem at all. I know he inherited Luis Suarez but I don't think it can be underestimated that run that they put together under him in 2013-14 absolutely brilliant to watch. Wish him all the best.

Ah didn't realise he had failed a medical there.

I agree that they wouldn't have been at the same level as the season before, but I think he would have made a big difference. They could have maintained a similar style to the previous season, and while Remy isn't as good as Suarez, he could do a similar job and at EPL level he's superb. He had carried Newcastle the season before.

After the failed bid for Sanchez he was lined up next but sadly it didn't happen and we all know who did!

Yet another fucking hilarious team of the week from yer man Garth...

_85904725_getimage-5.png

left back at centre half.

left winger/striker at left back

left winger at right back.

central attacking midfielder in holding midfield.

left winger in striker role.

What the actual f**k :lol:

He should've been binned for suggesting that Roy Hodgson should call up James Morrison for England.

When he was on 25+ caps for Scotland. Fucking retard.

I think it's likely he has nothing to do with the graphic. He'll give list of names to the work experience kid who then tries to type into some kind of coherent article.

It's either that or he's a halfwit.

Archived