Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deeboy, on 04 Oct 2015 - 23:21, said:

He must be some height.

6ft 4!

1320Lichtie, on 05 Oct 2015 - 02:20, said:

I don't want Klopp. Not sure who else is out there but I have a bad feeling he's just a media favourite, dreadful last season with Dortmund after he had lost Goetze and Lewandowski.

I agree with you. He's a personality rather than a management wonder. He had two very, very good seasons with Dortmund before having a complete nightmare in his final season which led him to jump to the exit as soon as he could. Same kind of thing happened with his previous club Mainz, with whom he was at for all of his playing career. During his 7 year stint as manager there, he had some joy, getting them to the Bundesliga for the first time and getting them to qualify for the UEFA Cup, before getting them relegated again and being unable to get them promoted - finishing 4th in his final season.

Going by BBC's 'candidates', Ancelotti is clearly the best name on the list. Frank De Boer and Ronald Koeman are the outsiders, whom whilst they seem like talented managers, aren't quite at Ancelotti's level yet. Walter Mazzarri is the other candidate but I must profess I don't know anything about him other than that he flopped at Inter.

Rodgers has less say in Liverpool's transfer targets than i do. His real failings have been he's failed to get his teams to have any sort of identity or style in the last year or so.

His first season he wanted his team to play " his way " by keeping possession lots and playing from the back, but ditched that when he wasn't getting results and it's never been seen again.

Second season the style was high pressing and coming out the blocks fast and blowing teams away, which was obviously helped by Suarez, but could have continued after he left. I don't think the transfer committee helped his cause with transfer dealings the season after Suarez left, but to go from that style to what it is now has to be blamed mostly on the manager.

They've played for over a year now with absolutely no identity and they just look like a hollow paint by numbers team that has no plans to progress and are just going through the motions in the hope another talisman striker shows up, and for that reason he had to go as if the manager has no clear plan to improve and progress then they shouldn't be there.

It will be interesting to see how he does in his next job. If it's a club that allows him full control of transfers it will be interesting to see if he gets players in to play to his original style he had at Swansea and the first season at Liverpool.

Think you are exaggerating a bit there, it's not as if FSG had a burning desire for Joe Allen or Fabio Borini - they were 100% BR choices as I imagine most (if not all) of the rest were.

As for managers, some very optimistic shouts there. Ancelotti has the pick of any job in the world (beyond Real, Barca and Chelsea) why would he end up at Liverpool when he could go to Bayern next year? Or Man Utd? Or even someone like Juventus? I would be shocked if he'd touch the job with a barge pole. If he wanted to rebuild an ailing giant he'd go to the club in a city he lives, and is already adored in.

Klopp is slightly more realistic but even he might be holding out for Bayern.

The most likely candidates, for me, are Monk, Klinnsman, Martinez or Mazzarri. Otherwise could end up being a relative unknown.

I don't want Klopp. Not sure who else is out there but I have a bad feeling he's just a media favourite, dreadful last season with Dortmund after he had lost Goetze and Lewandowski.

You don't want Klopp in the PL? I'd like him personally.

Why does it matter how he'll do anyway?

Whether they can get him, I don't know, but Liverpool should be trying everything they can to convince Ancelotti to take the job.

10x the manager Klopp will ever be.

He's a big Liverpool/Celtic/Dundee United/Arbroath fan. :)

1. Arbroath/Scotland

Not a fan as such of any of the rest but I have a soft spot for them and like to see them do well

2. Dundee United

3. Liverpool

4. Borussia Dortmund

5. Celtic

6. Hibernian (Sco)

Archived