Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smelling probably has been the best centre half so far this year in the League. Kompany would usually take the accolade, but he's not really been fit.

Cahill/Terry - not been at it

Williams - Starting to look shaky, bad game last night

Skrtel - lol

Alderwireld - continued well from last season, maybe could play for a top 4 team

Koscielny/Mertesacker - they have an OK record as a partnership, but anytime I watch them, I'm not convinced

Stones - all the Chelsea talk has went to his head IMO

Aye, those laughing at Smalling or suggestions that he's the in-form centre half in the league are likely doing so purely on reputation alone. His performances for the vast majority of this season have been excellent.

Phil Jones is still a complete liability though, so at least we can cling on to that and that we've not entered some mental alternate reality.

Smalling has always been a bit rough round the edges but I've always said he had potential at centre back. The issue was David Moyes playing him at right back which he isn't in a million years. What's worse was that in the same team he would play Jones at centre back when right back is probably the best position for him. Got them the wrong way round.

Archived