Premier League 2015-16

Real Madrid are lining up a move for Leicester City's England forward Jamie Vardy, 28, in the January transfer window. (Fichajes, via Metro)

Vardy & Steven Fletcher double swoop IMO.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto, it used to be great, now it's horrible. I've not watched for a while but they seem to almost ignore every other league or competition in the world apart from the Premiership / Championship. Since they lost the CL rights the chat about that has become almost non-existent.

Everytime there's a managerial vacancy there's always a story about someone who's applied and their cv is just full of Football Manager achievements. Only a matter of time before a chairman decides to take a punt. Probably one looking for publicity.

Listening to 5 live a while ago and Paul Lambert really comes across as a bit thick. He was asked at least three questions which he basically ignored, choosing instead to talk about his time in charge of villa.

I always thought he'd be a vg appointment for someone and had sympathy with him over villa - but maybe he's just not the sharpest.

What's p&b's opinion?

Everytime there's a managerial vacancy there's always a story about someone who's applied and their cv is just full of Football Manager achievements. Only a matter of time before a chairman decides to take a punt. Probably one looking for publicity.

Pretty sure its already happened in Scandinavia or Eastern Europe. Remember reading about it

Listening to 5 live a while ago and Paul Lambert really comes across as a bit thick. He was asked at least three questions which he basically ignored, choosing instead to talk about his time in charge of villa.

I always thought he'd be a vg appointment for someone and had sympathy with him over villa - but maybe he's just not the sharpest.

What's p&b's opinion?

I think he's a dick.

Archived