Premier League 2015-16

Surely these two sentences are oxymorons?

In a way but if anyone can attract world class players back to England he can, I don't think money is the deciding factor for some of them.

Proving themselves somewhere else with a manager they can trust might be enough of a temptation?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised people still believe that one. He had some excellent players at his disposal, granted, but he took some bold decisions when he went there which managed to improve them in the long run. Plenty of managers probably wouldn't have been willing to get rid of Ronaldinho and Deco, while Guardiola could probably be credited for putting a lot of faith in players like Busquets and Pique who have ended up being key for them over the years.

Exactly this.

It's an absolute myth that Pep took over an easy job at Barca. Made some incredibly bold decisions from the first day he took over, for someone who had only ever been in charge of what is essentially a reserve team.

Exactly this.

It's an absolute myth that Pep took over an easy job at Barca. Made some incredibly bold decisions from the first day he took over, for someone who had only ever been in charge of what is essentially a reserve team.

I'm certainly not saying he had it easy at barca.

I just think that the club was set-up perfectly for him - or was his home. This is a different situation and I don't think city are in great shape for his way of working.

Of course he may well beast the competition but I think this will be a lot more difficult and can see it ending badly. Just a hunch.

Cracking goal by Vardy. The dream continues. Come on jagfox, let's keep partying.

I'll bring the voddie, you bring the charlie :P

Vital win for me ducks with two MASSIVE games coming up.

Bit of a shame for the Aston villa manager taking over that shite, although he obviously knew what he was coming into.

Looks like he was expecting to be able to sign a couple of players but the board have given up and didn't want to spend the little money they do have. Probably total nonsense but reports are going around that Garde is frustrated at signing no one and could walk before too long.

Very decent performance by Fraser Forster at the Library tonight. Bust a coupon but put The Arse five points behind Leicester 8)

4 clean sheets in a row for Saints and 4 without a win for The Gunners.

I know Liverpool fans who think Sakho can be one of the best defenders in the world

An absolutely appalling excuse for a footballer

I play 5s with a boy who, like Sakho, appears to be utterly perplexed by every bounce of the ball as if he has never seen such a thing before.

The Vardy strike is a worldy, but the positioning from the keeper is rank. Vardy himself said he tried to spend the whole game thinking about catching him off his line :lol:

You have to wonder about the kind of idiot that had the bright idea of handing Mignolet a long-term contract.

I like Pep but I don't really know where this idea that he has done fantastically well at Bayern has came from, he has won the bundesliga twice but I would say it's only really now that he has got a side put together that is as good as, probably better than the one he took over. He took over a very good CL winning side and then proceeded to get hammered 7-0 (over both legs) by Real in the semis the following year and then 4-3 (although the game was effectively over after the 3-0 first leg) by Barca. I realise he had some horrible injuries to deal with at times but it's his job to make sure the squad is deep enough when injuries happen. He's won a few trophies and if he goes onto win the CL this year then I will say he's had a successful time at Bayern but upto this point I don't think he's done anymore than what was expected off him, he's certainly not done anything exceptional.

Archived