Premier League 2015-16

There's absolutely no danger Gervinho would be a better option the Oxlade Chamberlain.

I don't rate Oxlade-Chamberlain as highly as some, but Gervinho is utter pish.

Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain is your standard "great player - look at his chest!!" who actually has done absolutely nothing with his career , and isn't even especially young. 6 goals in 80 games for a forward? Gervinho, meanwhile, had an excellent Roma campaign after leaving Arsenal.

So what makes you think the "Ox" is a better option?

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so, yes. It still doesn't change the fact that swapping Gervinho for Chamberlain would be lunacy.

Arsenal already have Walcott who can run very fast.

What does Ox do, exactly? What are the best parts of his game? It doesn't seem to be scoring or assisting, nor is it playmaking.

Gervinho has a far better scoring record in fewer games (for Arsenal, never mind Lille or Roma).

I'd expect Gervinho to have a far better goal scoring record too, as he plays up front.

Do you regularly compare Strikers goal scoring forte to midfielders when you rate players?

How does Gervinho stack up against say.. Busquets? Would you take Gervinho to Barca as he's scored more at Roma (not to mention Lille or Arsenal).

If you don't think Ox Chamberlain is anygood, that's tour opinion. To bring goal scoring records into it is just silly.

I'd expect Gervinho to have a far better goal scoring record too, as he plays up front.

Do you regularly compare Strikers goal scoring forte to midfielders when you rate players?

How does Gervinho stack up against say.. Busquets? Would you take Gervinho to Barca as he's scored more at Roma (not to mention Lille or Arsenal).

If you don't think Ox Chamberlain is anygood, that's tour opinion. To bring goal scoring records into it is just silly.

Er, Chamberlain is a winger - like Gervinho. They play the same position!!!

Coquelin is the only Arsenal player you could feasibly compare to Busquets.

But if you think "the Ox" plays in a position that is more Busquets than Gervinho then I'll have whatever you're having.

Er.. Oxlade Chamberlain has been predominantly a central midfielder since the start of last season.

Er... according to whoscored.com he's played 100 games in his career and 86 of them have been from wide or off the bench, and from games he's started, 46 have been from wide and 8 have been through the middle.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has not played predominantly as a central midfielder.

ETA:

Whichever way you want to dress this up btw, your shout was a fucking howkin' one.

Ox is listed as having had 100 games, 9 goals, 10 assists. Gervinho 198 games, 59 goals and 41 assists. Although he's obviously a good few years older and therefore had longer to develop, his record is demonstrably better. Even his record at Arsenal (57 games, 11 goals, 12 assists) is better than Chamberlain's.

'Ox' might develop in to a brilliant player, but at 22, he's yet to really prove or achieve anything. Amazing what a bit of media spin can do for perception.

You'll have stats to back that up?

Whichever way you want to dress this up btw, your shout was a fucking howkin' one.

Er... according to whoscored.com he's played 100 games in his career and 86 of them have been from wide or off the bench, and from games he's started, 46 have been from wide and 8 have been through the middle.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has not played predominantly as a central midfielder.

Ouch.

Gervinho > Oxlade Chamberlain (obviously IMO).

Thanks J_Stewart, now my second favourite person with that initial and last name.

Why do you keep making out I've said Chamberlain will be the next Busquets? It was yourself comparing a midfielders goal scoring ratio with a forward players, I merely used another very well known midfielder to ask your opinion (which you never answered, btw) of which you'd take.

Why do you keep making out I've said Chamberlain will be the next Busquets? It was yourself comparing a midfielders goal scoring ratio with a forward players, I merely used another very well known midfielder to ask your opinion (which you never answered, btw) of which you'd take.

But you asked for stats, got them and they show you are wrong to class him as a central midfielder

Archived