Premier League 2015-16

Sterling still hasn't handed in a transfer request. If City don't cough up the over inflated asking price, he'll be earning £30K instead of £280K (aye right) for the next two years and City will have to buy another over priced home grown player instead.

Most recent rumours suggest City will help him buy out his Liverpool contract if it comes to it.

Shits gonna get messy.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:huh: Whats that got to do with a players fee?

Perhaps I should've said it's irrelevant considering the markets they operate in are completely different. English clubs transferring players to other English clubs are going to involve much higher fees than Italian clubs transferring players to other Italian clubs. If Dybala was a Liverpool player and City wanted him, they'd have to pay a lot more than £23m. And of course more revenue = more spending power which will often end up in players being "overvalued" in the sense they might not be worth that, but it's more than made up for by commercial and broadcasting revenues. I don't think £40m is too much for Sterling, the season before last he was unbelievably good. He hasn't just lost that ability.

Your rumours are mostly in your head though, to be fair.

Perhaps, Im struggling to take criticism from someone who believes his club can keep hold of a player whos desperately wanting to join a bigger side though

Perhaps I should've said it's irrelevant considering the markets they operate in are completely different. English clubs transferring players to other English clubs are going to involve much higher fees than Italian clubs transferring players to other Italian clubs. If Dybala was a Liverpool player and City wanted him, they'd have to pay a lot more than £23m. And of course more revenue = more spending power which will often end up in players being "overvalued" in the sense they might not be worth that, but it's more than made up for by commercial and broadcasting revenues. I don't think £40m is too much for Sterling, the season before last he was unbelievably good. He hasn't just lost that ability.

Fair dues

Fabian fucking delph :lol:

What's the point in shelling out 10-15 million on average shite to fill a homegrown quota when Manchester City have a massive academy just promote someone :lol:

Imagine actually contemplating shelling out 50 million for a boy who can't finish, a summer full of roflcopters awaits :lol:

Yeah, its pretty hard to understand why they want an Internationalist with rakes of experience on the bench ahead of a 17 year old whos never kicked a ball in the league. You'd think they were trying to challenge for four trophies or something.

Perhaps, Im struggling to take criticism from someone who believes his club can keep hold of a player whos desperately wanting to join a bigger side though

I don't want to keep him. I have no idea what makes you think that. I just want to make sure he doesn't leave on his terms, as he is a jumped up wee fanny, thanks to his twat of an agent. I thought I had made that clear.

You just talk shite though.

Yeah, its pretty hard to understand why they want an Internationalist with rakes of experience on the bench ahead of a 17 year old whos never kicked a ball in the league. You'd think they were trying to challenge for four trophies or something.

Aye cause Fabian delph is definitely the man to deliver those trophys, just like the mighty Sinclair and rodwell before him :lol: :lol:

Aye cause Fabian delph is definitely the man to deliver those trophys, just like the mighty Sinclair and rodwell before him :lol: :lol:

It's only £8m. Exceptionally cheap for what it is, an England internationalist and a quota enhancer.

I agree he should be nowhere near City, but needs must.

I don't want to keep him. I have no idea what makes you think that. I just want to make sure he doesn't leave on his terms, as he is a jumped up wee fanny, thanks to his twat of an agent. I thought I had made that clear.

You just talk shite though.

Oh right, that makes you look better then.

Hes being signed as back up to fill in against the weaker sides, which he'll cope with fine, and thats perfect as he also helps the quota. This really isnt a difficult concept to get your head around tbh

Their academy is probably filled with young foreign players too.

Doesn't matter if they're foreign, if they're at an English club for the time period required they qualify as 'home grown'.

That's why players like Fabregas & Song meet the quota.

I see Gerrard's selective memory is haunting him again, this time wading into the Sterling farce. Says the lad has to 'be a man, stop hiding behind illness and talk to his club and manager'. This will be the same Stevie Gee who claimed depressikn, panic attacks in the night and 'munching paracetemols like smarties' over his will-he-wont-he dummy dance with Chelsea in 2005. Obviously, before the local gangsters had a word with him about the viability of playing football with no fucking knees, of course. What a fucking dickhead. And that goes for Carragher the bullying b*****d too.

I see Gerrard's selective memory is haunting him again, this time wading into the Sterling farce. Says the lad has to 'be a man, stop hiding behind illness and talk to his club and manager'. This will be the same Stevie Gee who claimed depressikn, panic attacks in the night and 'munching paracetemols like smarties' over his will-he-wont-he dummy dance with Chelsea in 2005. Obviously, before the local gangsters had a word with him about the viability of playing football with no fucking knees, of course. What a fucking dickhead. And that goes for Carragher the bullying b*****d too.

So so much anger :lol

A lot of people have been hammering Sterling and maybe rightly so but he is only 20 and 20 year olds don't tend to be the most grown up. The thing he is most guilty of is being represented by someone who has zero understanding or care about PR the agent seems to have adopted the stance that he will get this move at all costs which has turned him into the pin up boy for money grabbing footballers. If I was the players old man I'd be telling the boy to get shot ASAP.

Oh and Liverpool won't be getting £50m for him, QPR have a 25% sell on clause.

Delph to Man City. Is he going to bring anything to their squad other than adding to their quota of home grown players? I suspect not.

He will not help close the gap with Barcelona one feels.

Archived