Has anyone ever lived in their car?

P45

Still don't understand how being pished in a stationary car is a crime? How can they prove or perceive whether or not you are going to drive the vehicle until you start it up?

Surely you could say I need the key to unlock the glove box to retrieve the egg slicer?

Grimbo

Stop going on about fucking egg slicers. Your patter is pish.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose I should....

What you need..in no order....

A 300 watt inverter , £25/30 from maplins. Powers laptops, phones etc.

Jump leads.

Good duvet/sleeping bag.

Small burner, as you need to use it in footwell, smaller the better (obviously a small pot and frying pan).

Battery radio (though if in mobile range , use that. Do NOT use car one).

Try and park on hill.

Extra charged car battery.

Books. Lots of books.

Coolbox. Although as this is just for milk, a carton in a bowl of water during summer will make it last a few days. In winter, don't bother.

Cable ties.

Spade.

Gaffer tape.

Last 3 are optional.

Back to the cops doing ye for being drunk in charge of a car I had a mate who left his wallet in the car on a night out but he never noticed until it was his round. He had parked across the road from the pub and nipped over to get it after two pints, cops saw him go in, get something, go back out and lock the car and was on his way back to the pub when he got stopped and done for it. p***ks.

Never slept in a car but when I came back to Scotland from Jersey I was skint but got a job in Glasgow. Was staying at ma maws in Greenock at the time and the job finished after the last train home. Used to kip on benches for a few hours until the first train for about four weeks til I got ma first wage and got a shitey wee bedsit. Fucking nightmare.

This is correct, as I found out to my cost.

A Saturday morning I had hangover, been out day before and my car had been in street outside house not moved since the Thursday. Before leaving house I remembered there was a letter in the car from a couple of days ago I hadn't posted.

Went down with keys to collect letter and walk to postbox, then to shops. Opened door, as got letter realised car was a mess and sat down to collect some newspapers, empty juice bottles, Mcdonalds bag etc to dump in bin next to post box 100yds down street. Was one way street and was planning to walk, would have had to drive round about 4 streets to come back up past the postbox, which would have taken longer than walking.

As I sat there with keys in hand, cops pull up and stop. I explain the above, they say we can smell alcohol and tough.

Took all way to court and still tough, I couldn't prove I wouldn't drive.

Got 10pts and a fine. As already had 3pts that took me to 13pts and a 6month ban. Nearly lost my job.

Even if not planning to drive never go near your car with your keys is lesson one.

lesson two is Aberdeen cops are miserable b*****ds on a Saturday morning.

Moral?

Don't attempt to clean your out your car when still pissed/hungover from the night before.

I have once, the first time we went to TITP, shared a tent with my missus and 3 of her friends,all female, huge Sunday night argument breaks out so me and the missus decided to gtf and sleep in our car in the car park, bloody cold and uncomfortable never again!!

I don't get how having your car keys on you is a crime? Surely they have to see you drive to do you for drink driving?

If you'd be seen walking down the street with a knife in your hand. You wouldn't expect them to wait and see if you stab someone with it before acting

it is a grey area especially of you are wild camping in a layby or such like, on private land it is no problem as the police cant do anything. technically they could book you but commonsense should apply, i.e if you are set up for the night and not planning on going anywhere

as for dossing in the car, not the most comfortable of places to sleep but I have done it

Despite me and Adam asking the question the RV/campervan conundrum still hasn't been resolved.

It's just about whether the police think there's a good chance of you driving away pished. If you've got your nightie on you should be fine.

Archived