Let's talk politics - an unsolvable problem?

Granny Danger

Add into the mix all manner of discrimination from employers against race, colour, religion, disability, gender and you are starting to see what life looks like at the bottom of our society.

Here's the thing that really bugs me about people in favour of anti-discrimination laws. If I'm an employer and I'm not allowed to ask certain questions during an interview and know there is various discrimination laws to protect people who were once targeted at some point in our history. Then I'm not going to hire them on the basis that I could be sued if I fire them or don't give them a promotion somewhere down the line. In order to hire them they would have to be so much better than the other people who aren't protected by such legislation that the risk is worth it. The way it's supposed to work is that people who don't hire the best possible people lose out because these they'll work for someone else. However, that doesn't mean I'm against unfair dismissal or treatment laws.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah oaksoft.

How can we forget such gems as his ridiculed claim that the majority of Scots graduates leave the nation after graduating.

Oh and his comical Council Tax disaster .

Actually a sub-Parp poster. Astonishing as that is to contemplate.

Ah oaksoft.

How can we forget such gems as his ridiculed claim that the majority of Scots graduates leave the nation after graduating.

Oh and his comical Council Tax disaster .

Actually a sub-Parp poster. Astonishing as that is to contemplate.

post-15829-0-83858800-1434875114_thumb.j

Archived