Yet another US shooting

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How do you know?

That's my opinion based on a cross section of information.  I have heard the Russians, British, Americans, various groups in Syria regime and otherwise and my judgement based on the logic of whether it would be in his interests to do so, as well as some independent observers like the ex UK ambassador.

My considered opinion is no way Assad was involved, and the British and American governments are lying when they said he was and attempted to use it as a pretext for escalation.  Just like wmd in Iraq, we were lying there too.

You haven't given your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That's my opinion based on a cross section of information.  I have heard the Russians, British, Americans, various groups in Syria regime and otherwise and my judgement based on the logic of whether it would be in his interests to do so, as well as some independent observers like the ex UK ambassador.

My considered opinion is no way Assad was involved, and the British and American governments are lying when they said he was and attempted to use it as a pretext for escalation.  Just like wmd in Iraq, we were lying there too.

My opinion is you're either a massive wind up merchant, or a complete and utter moron. I'm betting on the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

My opinion is you're either a massive wind up merchant, or a complete and utter moron. I'm betting on the latter. 

Nobody was talking to you.  It's astonishing after Iraq that people like you think oh our government wouldn't lie to us though.  I mean how gullible can people be.  

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I think it equally likely that a frazzled Syrian commander ordered an attack, possibly maneuvering against Assad out of anger due to casualties suffered by the Syrian Army and thinking he was too soft; or the Saudis and/or other Gulf states provided the tech and paid an Al Quaeda linked group to do it to hopefully bring the Americans into the war in a big way. I don't think the UN found anything conclusive about the source. In other words, I don't know. Neither do you.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Nobody was talking to you.  It's astonishing after Iraq that people like you think oh our government wouldn't lie to us though.  I mean how gullible can people be.  

It's an open forum, you fucking roaster. You're talking to everyone and anyone who wants to reply. 

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it equally likely that a frazzled Syrian commander ordered an attack, possibly maneuvering against Assad out of anger due to casualties suffered by the Syrian Army and thinking he was too soft; or the Saudis and/or other Gulf states provided the tech and paid an Al Quaeda linked group to do it to hopefully bring the Americans into the war in a big way. I don't think the UN found anything conclusive about the source. In other words, I don't know. Neither do you.

Come on man that's some serious mental gymnastics you're performing to concoct a frankly absurd and very far fetched story to satisfy your preconceptions. 

Nobody knows anything, you don't know the Berlin wall came down unless you saw it.  You make judgements based on the information available.  Your and most people's mistake is to assume we're somehow special and only our governments and Medi wouldn't lie to us.  Despite so much historical evidence to the contrary too.

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Come on man that's some serious mental gymnastics you're performing to concoct a frankly absurd and very far fetched story to satisfy your preconceptions. 

Nobody knows anything, you don't know the Berlin wall came down unless you saw it.  You make judgements based on the information available.  Your and most people's mistake is to assume we're somehow special and only our governments and Medi wouldn't lie to us.  Despite so much historical evidence to the contrary too.

Your mistake is to believe everything you want to believe, never mind the source. What would the US or British Government have to gain by dropping chemical bombs on Syria and blaming it on Assad? It's not like they have shed loads of oil.

P.S. Which theory do you find more absurd and why?

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Your mistake is to believe everything you want to believe, never mind the source. What would the US or British Government have to gain by dropping chemical bombs on Syria and blaming it on Assad? It's not like they have shed loads of oil.

Why do you assume I do that. They obviously wanted to use it as an excuse to escalate the conflict which clearly has been our intention all along.  Which would probably have meant boots on the ground imo. 

Why is anyone's guess.  There could be lots of reasons.  It was on the list of seven countries the last republican administration are on record as planning to change the government of through military means.  Axis of evil etc. 

ThoughI do know a cracking theory about it as it happens.  I'm sure you'd not agree.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Why do you assume I do that. They obviously wanted to use it as an excuse to escalate the conflict which clearly has been our intention all along.  Which would probably have meant boots on the ground imo. 

Why is anyone's guess.  There could be lots of reasons.  It was on the list of seven countries the last republican administration are on record as planning to change the government of through military means.  Axis of evil etc. 

ThoughI do know a cracking theory about it as it happens.  I'm sure you'd not agree.

Edited my post to add a question. What's absurd about my alternative theories?

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

How exactly would you escalate the conflict in Syria more than where it already is?

It's like saying Mount Everest isn't high enough.

Have we invaded Syria?  You could put a quarter of a million NATO troops on the ground that would be a slight escalation no? 

You could overthrow the Syrian government.  Which has been the expressed wish of the UK and USA governments for years btw they openly say they want regime change.

What a ridiculous question.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Maybe absurd is the wrong word convoluted then, both are plausible.

That video is about the chemical attack under Trump's rule. I thought you were talking about the attack that Obama defied his Government by not using it as a red line for military invasion.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, RiG said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43262245
Not a mass shooting but still...

To be fair it is Yet another US shooting which is the title of the thread after all.

We'd have a new one every 10 minutes. Standards need to kept, any killer of less than 4 is a loser. Sad.