Yet another US shooting

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Your mistake is to believe everything you want to believe, never mind the source. What would the US or British Government have to gain by dropping chemical bombs on Syria and blaming it on Assad? It's not like they have shed loads of oil.

Why do you assume I do that. They obviously wanted to use it as an excuse to escalate the conflict which clearly has been our intention all along.  Which would probably have meant boots on the ground imo. 

Why is anyone's guess.  There could be lots of reasons.  It was on the list of seven countries the last republican administration are on record as planning to change the government of through military means.  Axis of evil etc. 

ThoughI do know a cracking theory about it as it happens.  I'm sure you'd not agree.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Why do you assume I do that. They obviously wanted to use it as an excuse to escalate the conflict which clearly has been our intention all along.  Which would probably have meant boots on the ground imo. 

Why is anyone's guess.  There could be lots of reasons.  It was on the list of seven countries the last republican administration are on record as planning to change the government of through military means.  Axis of evil etc. 

ThoughI do know a cracking theory about it as it happens.  I'm sure you'd not agree.

Edited my post to add a question. What's absurd about my alternative theories?

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

How exactly would you escalate the conflict in Syria more than where it already is?

It's like saying Mount Everest isn't high enough.

Have we invaded Syria?  You could put a quarter of a million NATO troops on the ground that would be a slight escalation no? 

You could overthrow the Syrian government.  Which has been the expressed wish of the UK and USA governments for years btw they openly say they want regime change.

What a ridiculous question.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Maybe absurd is the wrong word convoluted then, both are plausible.

That video is about the chemical attack under Trump's rule. I thought you were talking about the attack that Obama defied his Government by not using it as a red line for military invasion.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, RiG said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43262245
Not a mass shooting but still...

To be fair it is Yet another US shooting which is the title of the thread after all.

We'd have a new one every 10 minutes. Standards need to kept, any killer of less than 4 is a loser. Sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Seventeen kids gunned down in a school shooting - thoughts and prayers.

Dog dies in an overhead locker on a flight - "Quick! I need to raise this in the Senate and get a bill through to stop this ever happening again! Dogs are family after all. But not kids though."

Edited by RiG

On 02/03/2018 at 19:31, RiG said:

*checks thread title*
"Yet another US shooting"

Good, I'm in the right one then.

This is a fucking brilliant thread and one which will probably still be going strong long after I'm brown bread.

In fact t could very well become my legacy on this forum.

13 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

9 year old kills 13 year old

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43455550

I'm starting to think that guns *do* actually kill people.

This sort of thing happens about 4 times a day in America.  Children find their parent's gun, have no idea how dangerous it is and actually kill somebody.