Yet another US shooting

• 2 weeks later...

Seventeen kids gunned down in a school shooting - thoughts and prayers.

Dog dies in an overhead locker on a flight - "Quick! I need to raise this in the Senate and get a bill through to stop this ever happening again! Dogs are family after all. But not kids though."

Edited by RiG

On 02/03/2018 at 19:31, RiG said:

*checks thread title*
"Yet another US shooting"

Good, I'm in the right one then.

This is a fucking brilliant thread and one which will probably still be going strong long after I'm brown bread.

In fact t could very well become my legacy on this forum.

13 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

9 year old kills 13 year old

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43455550

I'm starting to think that guns *do* actually kill people.

This sort of thing happens about 4 times a day in America.  Children find their parent's gun, have no idea how dangerous it is and actually kill somebody.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

This sort of thing happens about 4 times a day in America.  Children find their parent's gun, have no idea how dangerous it is and actually kill somebody.

23 children shot every day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/twenty-three-children-are-shot-every-day-in-america/2017/09/18/9852b0e0-9ca3-11e7-9c8d-cf053ff30921_story.html?utm_term=.f4793a98171f

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I started reading "One Day in the Death of America. "  The life stories of the Under 18's killed in the US in a random 24 hour period. Got halfway through and gave up. Truly depressing. 

13 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

“Frankly I think the ideal weapon would be a pistol,” he told the Guardian, “but due to the licensing requirements in the state we’re going to have a hard enough time getting homeless people shotguns as it is.

2083.jpg?w=460&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=b61c67bcc4e25d28dfc904af563c5f59

Read more

“Getting them pistols is probably next to impossible. The pistols need to be registered, people have to have addresses.”

Carrying a concealed pistol is illegal without a permit, Ellison said, “whereas open-carrying a long gun is completely legal”.

“So we thought that pump-action shotguns were a suitable alternative to a pistol.”

:lol: or :bairn? I'm not sure which!

Edited by Jacksgranda

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:06, ICTJohnboy said:

This is a fucking brilliant thread and one which will probably still be going strong long after I'm brown bread.

In fact t could very well become my legacy on this forum.

Careful.  One day you'll be in America and saying "Americans don't understand irony!" and then this thread will have another entry.