Religious street vendors

I have lived in Stirling all of my 28 years and have no idea what you are talking about regarding these 'god stalls' are you sure these aren't what most people call churches ?

Eh, no. You clearly don't venture into the town, given they often have little stalls outside Costa and opposite the train station where the little food van used to be.

With little booklets and a display about God saving you from your sins.

They just hold out a booklet for anyone walking past to take. Usually yummy mummy types.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wondered how the guy who levitates does it, never managed to figure it out.

Whatever they appear to be leaning on is actually part of a chair that is hidden inside their costume. They are also all Romanian gangsters who will pickpocket you or steal your dog at a moment's notice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3131086/Yoda-Wars-break-Trafalgar-Square-Romanian-street-performers-dressed-Star-Wars-character-battle-best-spots.html

Eh, no. You clearly don't venture into the town, given they often have little stalls outside Costa and opposite the train station where the little food van used to be.

With little booklets and a display about God saving you from your sins.

They just hold out a booklet for anyone walking past to take. Usually yummy mummy types.

They're not there all the time. I live in the town and use the train station to get to work - only see them a couple of times a week.

They're not there all the time. I live in the town and use the train station to get to work - only see them a couple of times a week.

Yes, I know. They weren't there today for example.

Which doesn't change that the poster attempting the "I've lived here man and boy and never seen them" clearly doesn't venture out too much.

The "two God types with a tiny stall and leaflets" sometimes hang around on Battlefield Road, on the opposite side from all the streets. Didn't have the heart to tell them they could drum up twice as much business by crossing the road to where all the pedestrians were walking about.

The "two God types with a tiny stall and leaflets" sometimes hang around on Battlefield Road, on the opposite side from all the streets. Didn't have the heart to tell them they could drum up twice as much business by crossing the road to where all the pedestrians were walking about.

Could be they've been sent out by their cult leader and are happy to avoid places people they know might see them.

I've always wondered how happy the Stepfords you see doing it are. Especially when , as with most days this summer, it's more like November than June/July.

It's a grim gig for the Goddists.

Yes, I know. They weren't there today for example.

Which doesn't change that the poster attempting the "I've lived here man and boy and never seen them" clearly doesn't venture out too much.

haha, you sir are talking shite!!

either that or you look like the kind of person that attracts these masses of people you claim are in the town.

You say Stirling is "plagued" by them yet does this plague by your own admission have a day off every other day ?

haha, you sir are talking shite!!

Uh huh...

Yes, me and the other posters on Page 1 haven't seen these God Zones in Stirling. They don't exist. We've just invented them. After all, you've lived in Stirling man and boy. You are an expert!

Uh huh...

Yes, me and the other posters on Page 1 haven't seen these God Zones in Stirling. They don't exist. We've just invented them. After all, you've lived in Stirling man and boy. You are an expert!

Finally, thank you!!

All I am pointing out is that you have exaggerated quite a bit by suggesting the town is "plagued by" these god zones, pipers, buskers etc etc which is just complete fabrication. if I remember when I venture out 5 minutes from my door on a wild adventure to the big smoke that is striling town centre, I will have a wee swatch, just for you huni xox

Don't know how it compares to other places but the jehovas witness folk are almost always out in Stirling when i'm in the town, generally a wee stall either outside Santander or along a wee bit near nero, also seen them down by the station. As for buskers there's the romanian fellows who play accordian quite a lot, the boy with his bongo drum, the old guy with the banjo and a couple of guitar players you see fairly regulalry, I suppose it all comes down how many street performers etc make a plaugue... All of the above are preferable to chuggers, however.

Archived