going to bed before an early morning flight

I get up a few times a month at 3am to watch the UFC. Going to bed at 8 or 9 is definitely better than pulling the all nighter and then sleeping throughout the day.

I get up a few times a month at 3am to watch the UFC. Going to bed at 8 or 9 is definitely better than pulling the all nighter and then sleeping throughout the day.

Is your username indicative of your age...?

Aye if it's 8 or 9 then it's not a problem, but if your sleeping patterns fucked then that's not possible.

stuntman.jpg

commando-arnold.jpg?w=650&h=355

What a film.

Hired this on video from blockbusters for a couple of days. Watched it 5 times, loved it.

p.s. If you are reading this right now Mr B. Then you have missed your flight :P

If it's for work i'll get up crazy early the day before and work until burnout at gym before going to office, that way i should get an early sleep when home.

If it's for a fun flight... i won't sleep - i'll just get my snooze on the plane

Did it for Tenerife two weeks ago, slept from 12-3.30 but was able to sleep early the night I arrived to make up for it. Did it again (bed at 1, up at 3.30) yesterday for a flight to London then onto Vienna but was out until 2am last night and have to check out by 10. I feel absolutely shite.

Going to Tenerife tomorrow and my flight is at 6am meaning I will need to leave my pal's house before 4am to get to the airport

Alarm is set for 3 but as I'm normally used to staying up until about that time and waking up at 10am or so I'm finding myself completely unable to nod off to sleep

Any P&Bers dealt with this dreadful situation in the past?

Central belters have it so easy. For a 6am flight you'd have to leave here at 1/2am to be there at a good time for check in

Id personally stay up all night, my flight to Poland left at 8am from Prestwick, left here at 3 and just stayed up. Had a wee sleep on the plane but once I landed that was me until 2am the next morning. You won't even notice. :P

When P&B meets real life - #1 in an occasional series:

Just seen a taxi driver mate post on social media around 05:00 hrs that he appears to have just dropped the cast of The Inbetweeners off at EIA, and was cringing his bollocks off for the entirety of the journey :lol::lol::lol:..........I wonder!

Going to Tenerife tomorrow and my flight is at 6am meaning I will need to leave my pal's house before 4am to get to the airport

Alarm is set for 3 but as I'm normally used to staying up until about that time and waking up at 10am or so I'm finding myself completely unable to nod off to sleep

Any P&Bers dealt with this dreadful situation in the past?

^^^^ Can't sleep due to worrying about religious street vendors type post.

When P&B meets real life - #1 in an occasional series:

Just seen a taxi driver mate post on social media around 05:00 hrs that he appears to have just dropped the cast of The Inbetweeners off at EIA, and was cringing his bollocks off for the entirety of the journey :lol::lol::lol:..........I wonder!

What a despicable person. Hopefully your friend loses his job for mocking customers online and ends up a homeless alcoholic.

We're flying from Leeds at 6.30 in a couple of weeks. Bit of a c**t as there's no point getting a hotel so need to drive down overnight. Just hope the wife and weans sleep in the car so I can get some fuckin peace.

I'd book into the airport Travelodge, from about £40 a night.

so at 25 years old you regularly adjust your sleeping pattern to watch men in spandex playfight?

Each to their own I suppose.

You're getting WWE wrestling and MMA confused. One is what you've described, the other is a combat sport.

What a despicable person. Hopefully your friend loses his job for mocking customers online and ends up a homeless alcoholic.

As he's self employed it's unlikely. But I'll transfer your sentiment into hoping his business goes under. Lulz.

Archived