The fall of Labour in Scotland - in their own words

Colkitto

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there has been a Scottish politician in history that has had to endure the level of abuse from members of the public, media and other politicians that Alex Salmond has.

What a remarkable f**k up by McDougall and McTiernan.

By only bleating about SNP supporters, SLab have demonstrated that the real issue isn't online abuse. I've seen more vitriolic and more hateful bile spewing from unionists than I ever have from "cybernats". Their sole agenda here is hushing down SNP supporters and it's backfired massively. Other than the Scotsman, no one else simply gave a f**k.

An utterly pathetic last act from the twitching corpse of a formerly great party.

I did see one interesting stat emerge. Blair McDougall unearthed 46 cybernats from a membership base of circa 115k, Proportionately if 7 similar examples can be found from Scottish Labour members, then they have a bigger problem with online abuse than the SNP.

What a remarkable f**k up by McDougall and McTiernan.

By only bleating about SNP supporters, SLab have demonstrated that the real issue isn't online abuse. I've seen more vitriolic and more hateful bile spewing from unionists than I ever have from "cybernats". Their sole agenda here is hushing down SNP supporters and it's backfired massively. Other than the Scotsman, no one else simply gave a f**k.

An utterly pathetic last act from the twitching corpse of a formerly great party.

I did see one interesting stat emerge. Blair McDougall unearthed 46 cybernats from a membership base of circa 115k, Proportionately if 7 similar examples can be found from Scottish Labour members, then they have a bigger problem with online abuse than the SNP.

Cybernats is a somewhat overused word - ANYONE who indulges in this sort of trolling or abuse is more like a cyberprat IMHO.

Cybernats is a somewhat overused word - ANYONE who indulges in this sort of trolling or abuse is more like a cyberprat IMHO.

Which is precisely why so many people are annoyed at Scottish Labour insinuating, ably assisted by several media outlets, that it is pretty much one way traffic.

Archived