The team you're looking forward to playing the most

This thread has been more or less copied from the Championship forum. I make no apologies for that.

Which team are you most looking forward to playing this season?

For me, it's Cowdenbeath. We used to have a great rivalry with them and played in some excellent matches - the 2-1 match in April 2006 that set them up for the Third Division was a cracker, and we got our own back when we beat them in the play-offs in 2009 (although Cowden went up too after Livingston's collapse). Hard to believe we went from being neck-and-neck to watching them disappear over the horizon and into the First Division.

I also look forward to taking on Albion Rovers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living in Aberdeen it's probably Peterhead. Since I moved up here 2 years ago the closest we have played is Dundee.

Then probably a trip to Ayr and Stranraer.

I do enjoy a trip to The Wee Rovers as well, it must be said.

As an Ayr fan, I look forward to the Dunfermline and Stranraer games. Both teams should be up their in the season coming. They always have good banter with the Ayr fans in the pub, no matter who wins.

Not looking forward to Airdrie though, they bring with them a bad smell. They always start fights and start their pish at any ground they go to. I still remember them tearing down the crossbar at somerset. No need to taint the already dull game with your Airdrieonians shite. No need. Keep your arrogance at home, its a game of Football.

Not looking forward to Airdrie though, they bring with them a bad smell. They always start fights and start their pish at any ground they go to. I still remember them tearing down the crossbar at somerset. No need to taint the already dull game with your Airdrieonians shite. No need. Keep your arrogance at home, its a game of Football.

yawning.jpg

22 points from 24 since relegation down here, plus cup wins, it can only be Ayr.

Last season's highlights were a seagull being skelped with the ball in a friendly with Hibs and Peterhead's red card rampage. The bar has been set pretty low in terms of bettering last season's entertainment for us.

As an Ayr fan, I look forward to the Dunfermline and Stranraer games. Both teams should be up their in the season coming. They always have good banter with the Ayr fans in the pub, no matter who wins.

We might have to take down the crossbar again this year on the last game................

.... so that the helicopter with our Championship trophy has room to land!!

Stranraer, because getting gubbed so often by them the last couple of years has been indicative of just how rank rotten we have become.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed and it will be 10/12 points from them...otherwise it won't be a great season for us.

Dunfermline, not sure we will get 12 but as things stand I would have us taking 7/9 off them.

That's goals in the first meeting

I have us as taking 9/11, should be a good game.

Can only make it up for the occasional game so not looking forward to any one match in particular because it's doubtful I'll get to many, hard to get into the atmosphere of a game watching it on ParsTV. The games with Ayr and Forfar will be a good test with those teams being the most likely to be up the top of the table.

Apart from that any game that coincides with me being able to go the game will be just greeaaaaaaat. Cowdenbeath at home, Potentially Brechin away, and whatever games are on over the festive period. What a time to be alive.

Will get flights booked home to see Andy Rodgers give the team a guard of honour on the last game of the season.

I will be going to a few Rovers games this season as last. Dunfermline and Airdrie are the teams Im looking forward to. Never been to Stenhousemuir so might pop along to that. Always like visiting Ayr as well.

Archived