2015 NCAA Football (Better, and older, than the NFL)

Yank Mike

Ohio State 5/1
TCU 15/2
Alabama 10/1
Oregon 14/1
Auburn 16/1
Baylor 16/1
Florida State 16/1
LSU 16/1
Michigan State 16/1
Notre Dame 20/1
USC 20/1
Oklahoma 25/1
Mississippi State 28/1
Clemson 33/1
Florida 33/1
Georgia 33/1
Stanford 33/1
Texas A&M 33/1
UCLA 33/1
Wisconsin 33/1
Arizona 40/1
Arizona State 40/1
Boise State 40/1
Mississippi 40/1
Arkansas 50/1
Georgia Tech 50/1
Kansas State 50/1
Louisville 50/1
Missouri 50/1
Nebraska 50/1
Oklahoma State 50/1
South Carolina 50/1
Texas 50/1
Tennessee 66/1
Miami 75/1
Michigan 75/1
Penn State 75/1
Utah 75/1
Washington 75/1
West Virginia 75/1
BYU 100/1
California 100/1
Cincinnati 100/1
Duke 100/1
Iowa 100/1
Marshall 100/1
Maryland 100/1
North Carolina 100/1
Oregon State 100/1
Pittsburgh 100/1
Rutgers 100/1
Virginia Tech 100/1
Boston College 200/1
Northwestern 200/1
South Florida 200/1
Texas Tech 200/1
UCF 200/1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mon the Huskies. f**k the Ducks.

Am I doing this right?

I'm assuming you got this backwards since the dude in your photo is a Duck?

You choose Tennessee, Vandy, or Memphis. Or Middle Tennessee State if you are intent on backing a loser. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Really want to try get into this AND the NFL next season, watched a few videos of college footy on YouTube and it looks class, I've been struggling to pick a team to follow though, I've got family in NJ and closest to them is Rutgers so was thinking about them but I saw a video of the FSU war chant on YT and that was class so kind of want to lean towards them aswell, anything I should check out about certain teams before I make a decision?

I'm assuming you got this backwards since the dude in your photo is a Duck?

You choose Tennessee, Vandy, or Memphis. Or Middle Tennessee State if you are intent on backing a loser. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Locker & Sankey. Picked the Huskies as my team last offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a map of the college football fanbases that the NY Times put together last year based on Facebook data.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#8,40.610,-76.156

The only two problems I notice is that they left the University of Cinncinnatti out and the state of Indiana is all screwed up making Notre Dame look like the most popular when in reality they are far behind Indiana and Purdue in popularity.

Really want to try get into this AND the NFL next season, watched a few videos of college footy on YouTube and it looks class, I've been struggling to pick a team to follow though, I've got family in NJ and closest to them is Rutgers so was thinking about them but I saw a video of the FSU war chant on YT and that was class so kind of want to lean towards them aswell, anything I should check out about certain teams before I make a decision?

Rutgers had traditionally been a trash program for 100 years in an area of the country where the locals do not support college football programs (and if the New Jersey people did have a team, Notre Dame would have been the top pick due to the high Irish and Italian populations and the lack of a local power). Rutgers were a guaranteed win for nearly any majore conference program. In the last decade the schoole made investments in the program and are now respectable. They have at least reached the point where students and alumni support the squad, though they lag behind most other big state schools in attracting a large following among the general population. Their future is interesting because they were picked up by the richest conference, the Big 10, as the Big East was falling apart. This was entirely due to their location near NYC, and the new college football economic model based on the number of local cable customers, whether those customers follow a team or not. I guess we'll see whether they can put the new money to use and continue to build the program into a power.

Florida State fan here. Still getting over the loss to Oregon last January. Been a controversial offseason with two players, including star running back Dalvin Cook, getting in altercations with women at Tallahassee nightclubs. The incident involving Cook is being investigated, but in the meantime the players have been banned by coaches from nights out. It's about time the coaches sort out the disciplinary issues on the team. A lot of fans have relished being hated by just about everyone else in the country, but the behavior of the players is starting to get a bit embarrassing. Hopefully a stricter coaching staff doesn't hurt recruiting. I think the night life in Tallahassee is one of the big draws for players. :rolleyes:

Those issues aside, it has always looked like a rebuilding year for the Noles. Everett Golson has transferred from Notre Dame for the year, which will give the team a big boost, but a potential suspension for Cook would be a blow. Another ACC title would be a very successful year.

Here's a map of the college football fanbases that the NY Times put together last year based on Facebook data.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-map.html?_r=0#8,40.610,-76.156

The only two problems I notice is that they left the University of Cinncinnatti out and the state of Indiana is all screwed up making Notre Dame look like the most popular when in reality they are far behind Indiana and Purdue in popularity.

It looks alright to me. It's true that Indiana and Purdue are both larger Universities, but Notre Dame has a much larger support and influence when it comes to football.

I've never really watched it or even bothered looking but tempted to do so this year. Being a Lions fan the obvious choice is Michigan State but they wear green, absolute no go!

I'm torn between LSU / Michigan / Penn State.

EDIT: Also like the look of Boise State, pretty cool with the blue pitch.

Archived