Prices

RobRoyGuy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you start raising it where does it stop though. knowing the juniors they will probably raise it next year or year after, when for over a decade they never moved it at all.

Once you get closer to a tenner than a fiver you are taking it to far in my opinion especially when you take into consideration other costs of going to a game.

I know two or three guys who go to the junior football who count every penny, when it comes to two or three games a week they can't go to the extra games and have to pick one , I am sure there are a good few guys out there like that.

It had to increase at some point couldn't be £5 and £2.50 forever. Running expenses even for district league clubs are going up for example just simple things like paying for training, electricity and showers plus general repairs. A few extra quid will help every team in the West while not pricing out any punter. Even someone on minimum wage or unemployed will still be able to spare £6/3 to watch their team every week, the increase is not much at all for fans but will make a difference for every team. Our level is still very affordable and great value for money especially compared to senior football.

I can't see prices going up again next year, I really can't see it being proposed. East Region may well go up in 2016-17 since West now has.

Once you start raising it where does it stop though. knowing the juniors they will probably raise it next year or year after, when for over a decade they never moved it at all.

Once you get closer to a tenner than a fiver you are taking it to far in my opinion especially when you take into consideration other costs of going to a game.

I know two or three guys who go to the junior football who count every penny, when it comes to two or three games a week they can't go to the extra games and have to pick one , I am sure there are a good few guys out there like that.

You're making a strawman argument to justify your opinion. All evidence would point towards increases in admission being a very rare occurance, so hardly the basis for claiming it would go up year-on-year.

Let's keep it simple, how much have referee fees gone up over the last decade compared to Junior admission prices?

In a nutshell i am fine with six but if the west region decide at some point in near future to nudge it up to seven, nudging it closer to ten i would say that's taking it to far , the way the juniors is you can't rules this scenario .

In a nutshell i am fine with six but if the west region decide at some point in near future to nudge it up to seven, nudging it closer to ten i would say that's taking it to far , the way the juniors is you can't rules this scenario .

In a nutshell if they nudged it up to £7 then it would be a bit closer to £10 but still closer to a fiver than a tenner ;)

Dry your eyes :huh:

It was a real pain when we twice hosted the Ardagh cup final between Irvine meadow and Talbot where I think the price might have been £6 and £3.

Loads of people turned up right on kick off time and our change took an absolute tanking with loads of people handing over ten pound notes.

Remember trying to explain to a drunken meadow fan if he could give me a tenner and a one pound coin and I would give him a £5 note in change, thought he was going to decapitate me as he couldn't work it out as he thought I was trying to charge him £11 to get in. :huh:

My first experience of taking £6 & £3 at the gate was this year's West of Scotland Cup final between Arthurlie & Buffs.

Despite having more change to hand at the start and asking consistently for the odd pound coin when offered £10 as Hertha describes, I was continually running out. It was a HUGE problem!

So here's a plea to ALL junior fans that pay at the gate - If you're paying £6 admission, PUHLEASE bring along the right money - preferably six £1 coins if you possibly can!!

My first experience of taking £6 & £3 at the gate was this year's West of Scotland Cup final between Arthurlie & Buffs.

Despite having more change to hand at the start and asking consistently for the odd pound coin when offered £10 as Hertha describes, I was continually running out. It was a HUGE problem!

So here's a plea to ALL junior fans that pay at the gate - If you're paying £6 admission, PUHLEASE bring along the right money - preferably six £1 coins if you possibly can!!

Agreed 100% mate.

It sounds trivial but our treasurer was doing constant runs from the canteen to our turnstiles with change and it was a real hard slog particularly when lots of people arrived at once bang on kick off time and they were a bit inebriated and demanding to get in for the kick off.

These clubs still have the expenses of others like heating the water lighting the dressing rooms buying equipment strips etc. So I say yes it is justified. Not all clubs expenses are paying wages

My experience over a long time is that fans don't give a flying feck about running costs, they expect to see their money running about on the pitch.

My experience over a long time is that fans don't give a flying feck about running costs, they expect to see their money running about on the pitch.

Very true mate but the wages that most junior teams in our league are paying would demand that we got home crowds of between 750 and 900 to scratch the surface of fans paying the wages :(

It was a real pain when we twice hosted the Ardagh cup final between Irvine meadow and Talbot where I think the price might have been £6 and £3.

Loads of people turned up right on kick off time and our change took an absolute tanking with loads of people handing over ten pound notes.

Remember trying to explain to a drunken meadow fan if he could give me a tenner and a one pound coin and I would give him a £5 note in change, thought he was going to decapitate me as he couldn't work it out as he thought I was trying to charge him £11 to get in. :huh:

sorry about that mate. Shouldn't have bothered with that last baileys

Very true mate but the wages that most junior teams in our league are paying would demand that we got home crowds of between 750 and 900 to scratch the surface of fans paying the wages :(

Aye players would be getting about a tenner if it went by whit comes through the gates. The return Ladeside has had from so called top players has been pathetic for the amount they got. Tommy Bryce would hardly spend a penny yet won the West and brought through some fantastic players and produced some fantastic fitba. Denis Gray got players to sign for him, money was hardly considered by the Beith players. The more you spend the more cash you need from fans through the gate, fans through lottery, fans attending fundraisers etc...and if you don't have a good main sponsor, yer fucked.

This might sound a bit daft but I actually think you may get more people buying raffle tickets or programmes now than before as the majority of punters will prob now go in with a ten pound note and get 4 pound coins back. People are more likely to part with a pound coin or two for a raffle ticket than maybe break a fiver

Archived