Bundesliga 2023/24

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Never seen anything like that. Playing around the seats and flagpoles getting chucked into the box :lol:

That ref was determined to get the game finished! 

I'm sure it will be nice and quiet after the final whistle...

In all seriousness, these are exactly the type of scenes i like to see.

I was a little disappointed that BT cut the broadcast straight after the game. Would like to know what is happening right now!

One of the first European shirts I got as a kid was an 1860 one, so always kept a wee eye out for them. Seems they've been kicking about near the bottom for a few years now and this has been on the cards. Good opportunity to start from scratch though after a shite few years.

They need that relegation. Move back to their old stadium, huge clear out at board level and a complete overhaul of their squad.

Will be going to see them next April as always so hopefully by then the club will be back on the up!

I was in Munich a little over 2 (or was it 3?) years ago and saw them play Aue in a crunch end of season relegation 6 pointer. I was with my girlfriend so went for the posh seats on the half way line but the atmosphere seemed fairly sanitised. There was of course flag waving and singing but it felt a bit flat and like there was a general malaise. It's obviously a magnificent stadium but the surroundings were barren and it was a 20 min treck through nothingness to reach the ground. Fine if there's 70,000 there for a Bayern game but there seemed an obvious disconnect between the core fanbase and the city

4 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

1860 major backer refused to pay for BL 3 licence so a double or triple relegation looms

No guarantee that they'll still be around next season from what I've read. Still, if they are still around next season, it's a proper chance at rebuilding.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

They were the biggest Munich club until the 1960s. Mental what has happened.

It all might have been different... apparently Franz Beckenbauer was a massive 1860 fan as a youngster. He had basically agreed to join them after playing his final game for his local youth team... against 1860.

During the game someone slapped Beckenbauer, so in a strop he decided to sign for Bayern instead, taking a number of talented players from the same squad with him.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

As well as having won a Bundesliga and German Cup they were Cup-Winners' Cup runner-up to West Ham in 1965.

Dropping to tier 4/5 would be one of the biggest falls from grace?

Not as big as the 'most successful club in the world' getting 'relegated' to League 2 IMO.

They were discussing this on Football Weekly and apparently the biggest shareholder, some Jordanian billionaire, refused to pay the license as he's unhappy about the way the club is being run. His biggest gripe seems to be that the board won't give him more than 49% control, even though it's against league rules :lol:

They were discussing this on Football Weekly and apparently the biggest shareholder, some Jordanian billionaire, refused to pay the license as he's unhappy about the way the club is being run. His biggest gripe seems to be that the board won't give him more than 49% control, even though it's against league rules :lol:

Might not be anymore. Looks like he is taking everyone to court and has a decent chance of winning. This relegation might have huge ramifications for German football if they disband the 50+1 rule.

All in all it is an absolute clusterfuck.

1860 played in the regional league back in the 80's, so it's no major deal that they should be back there to those who have watched German football over the years, just the way they went about it. They used to play their home games back in the Grunwalder Strasse stadium then.