Bundesliga 2024/25

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Anyone who goes to a football match with the sole intention to fight is an utter c**t. End of.

I think recently it has got worse, and a lot of it seems to come down to politics (especially with Lazio). Saw something the other week, think it may have been PSG, where two groups fought amongst themselves as one was left wing, and the other right. 

As long as you keep yourself to yourself you are generally going to be fine. Just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time on both occasions for myself.

There was loads of bother when we were in Frankfurt for the Dortmund game a couple of seasons ago.  Thought we were goin to get a kicking as soon as we left our hotel. Groups of Frankfurt fans dressed all in black(and all oddly wearing Sketchers trainers) attacking Dortmund fans in the streets around the station. 

During the train and walk to the stadium it felt like it could kick off at any time even with a big police presence.

7 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I think recently it has got worse, and a lot of it seems to come down to politics (especially with Lazio). Saw something the other week, think it may have been PSG, where two groups fought amongst themselves as one was left wing, and the other right. 

As long as you keep yourself to yourself you are generally going to be fine. Just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time on both occasions for myself.

Aye the shit with PSG fans has been going on since the nineties. I believe most hooliganism in France is PSG fans fighting each other. I think French government ended up banning all there ultras as criminal organisations. I also think Frankfurt are known for being particularly cuntish especially by West German standards.

ive always found German fans to be either brand new (especially MSV Duisburg and HSV) or generally been ignored. Including Union Berlin. Only arseholes I came across were the Dynamo Dresden away fans who spent the entire game staring at the home end. Even that was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Tho there were handbags with a few in the home end, who did nothing other than take out a scarf (away at Union)

There was loads of bother when we were in Frankfurt for the Dortmund game a couple of seasons ago.  Thought we were goin to get a kicking as soon as we left our hotel. Groups of Frankfurt fans dressed all in black(and all oddly wearing Sketchers trainers) attacking Dortmund fans in the streets around the station. 
During the train and walk to the stadium it felt like it could kick off at any time even with a big police presence.

I remember there was running riots when Frankfurt visited Hertha a few seasons back. I've never had any trouble personally when I've been across.

I'm sure Dynamo Berlin were attracting a more diverse crowd now they're based in Prenzlauer Berg. When they return to the Sportforum Hohenschönhausen maybe the more hardcore element will return.

Only mild trouble I've seen in around 20 German games attended live was Duisburg vs Hansa Rostock in the 3.Liga when the Rostock fans burned a Duisburg flag, folk went from the terracing behind the goal to the top tier of the stand behind the goal to run all the way round the (empty top tier of) the sideline stand to get to the away fans.

Went to Union away with Duisburg and had zero bother but we went straight into the ground, and probably no-one outside RW Essen really gives a f**k about Duisburg.

Hamburg courts have closed their investigation into whether Bakery Jatta had used fraudulent documents or not. Jatta's indendity has been confirmed as legit & correct in line with his documentation

https://twitter.com/LinneMatt/status/1168439794340376581?s=19

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Hamburg courts have closed their investigation into whether Bakery Jatta had used fraudulent documents or not. Jatta's indendity has been confirmed as legit & correct in line with his documentation

https://twitter.com/LinneMatt/status/1168439794340376581?s=19

Saw that earlier on. Think there is still a hearing planned for the 9th in order to go over the protest as filed by Nürnberg (Bochum & Karlsruhe had also lodged protests, H96 didn‘t). Based on the Hamburg authorities findings, will  no doubt be a case of going through the motions and final decision will be nothing to see here. 

Jatta scored Hamburg‘s 3rd to secure the 3 points, although they were in no danger of losing thanks to a totally insipid performance from H96. Just under 55.000 their with a healthy 4.200 away contingent. H96 with a fair bit of possession, but never looked like doing something constructive with it. Goals 10 minutes either side of half-time from Kittel & Kinsombi put Hamburg well in charge with Jatta putting things beyond doubt with 15 minutes to go.

International break is probably for the good, Mirko Slomka needs to have a rethink, since based on what‘s gone on till now H96 will be mucking around at the wrong end of the table. Next 3 games (Bielefeld, Kiel & Nürnberg) will give an indication as to how „long“ a season it‘s going to be.

Back next weekend for the Russia & Belgium games, also off to Montrose. Once back then home to best friends Armenia Bielefeld. IMG_5764.jpgIMG_5763.jpgIMG_5767.jpg

On 02/09/2019 at 18:00, German Jag said:

Saw that earlier on. Think there is still a hearing planned for the 9th in order to go over the protest as filed by Nürnberg (Bochum & Karlsruhe had also lodged protests, H96 didn‘t). Based on the Hamburg authorities findings, will  no doubt be a case of going through the motions and final decision will be nothing to see here. 

All 3 clubs have now withdrawn their protests. Wish Die Bild „newspaper“ with its right-wing anti-immigrant ‚yer da‘ pish would f‘off. 

On 30/08/2019 at 12:00, AyrTroopMajor said:

Eintracht Frankfurt fans coming off looking like quite the c**ts here. 

Funnily enough. I was going to go to the Eintracht v Gladbach game a few years ago when flights were only 20 return then my mate out there suggested I avoided it as the Eintracht fans are fucking mental. This surprised me as I was at the home game v Eintracht at Borussia Park that season and never thought much of their away support compared to others I have witnessed at Borussia Park. Only seen fights between Borussia and Hoffenheim fans!