Bundesliga 2024/25

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Toot! Toot! Double relegation express in Berlin. 🚂

This seems to happen every other year in Germany. A team gets punted from Bundesliga 1 and immediately follows it up with a trip to Regionaliga. 

Not quite the Regionalliga, there's a national third tier now, but yeah, double relegations seem to happen pretty regularly. Hope Hertha can turn it round, I have a soft spot for them.

Heidenheim with their first ever Bundesliga win courtesy of a 4-2 win against Werder Bremen with Eren Dinkçi who is on loan from Werder bagging a brace. Also 16 years to the day since Frank Schmidt took charge of his first game when Heidenheim were in the 4th tier.

1 hour ago, Squeaks Snowy Bicycle said:

Looking to go to Berlin for a short break. Also want to go to Freiburg and would love to take in a game when there. 

Any advice on the best way to get to Freiburg from Berlin and also how to get tickets for a Freiburg game would be much appreciated, cheers.

Quickest connection by train is just over 6 hours, changing in Mannheim. Flying to Basel won‘t be much quicker once you take all the airport formalities plus the getting there into account. 

Freiburg tickets

Die to them being relatively successful in the recent past, then tickets aren‘t easy to come by. Obviously depends on the opponent, but this and last season are averaging close to capacity. 

2 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Quickest connection by train is just over 6 hours, changing in Mannheim. Flying to Basel won‘t be much quicker once you take all the airport formalities plus the getting there into account. 

Freiburg tickets

Die to them being relatively successful in the recent past, then tickets aren‘t easy to come by. Obviously depends on the opponent, but this and last season are averaging close to capacity. 

Cheers for the information mate, much appreciated.

I would definitely get the train as you get to see a lot of the country that way.

H96 secured their 1st home win of the season with a 7 (seven) - 0 demolition of bottom of the table VfL Osnabrück.

Was the highest winning margin that I’ve seen in the 12 years following them. Need to go back to 1997 for a bigger one.

4.000 Osnabrücker in attendance, virtually all of them staying to the end.

Osnabrück the better team initially, but H96 took the lead courtesy of Harvard Nielsen. Main turning point though was a red card for Niklas Wiemann in the 36th minute. Nielsen got his 2nd on the stroke of half-time. 2nd half the flood gates opened with H96 looking like scoring every time they went up the park.

Result moves H96 to 4th. Next Sunday will be my 1st away game of the season with a trip to top of the table Düsseldorf.

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5966.webp

On 27/08/2019 at 20:12, German Jag said:

As TiG also mentions, Dynamo fans are to be avoided. In the police classification regarding fans they are classified as not just being up for a fight but more than likely to go out looking for one. They‘re also a shower of right-wing cünts. Avoid if you can. 

Been a BFC fan for a fair few years and I certainly don't consider myself a ring-wing c. Never felt in any risk or anxiety there either - yes, I'm a young-ish white man, but I'm also prone to it.

Not that I'm in denial about issues within the club - I sighed sadly at some stickers I found during the migrant crisis in 2016.

(Seeing them against Viktoria next month. I don't know why I bumped this, either.)

Edited by Josuke Higashikata
Junior football is dead!