Kilmarnock v Dundee opening day.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hamill lasted the 90 he'd have been off. He's a terrible player. For what it's worth I hope Killie are safe this year because it's one of my favourite days out. Magennis isn't a footballer though.

They were outstanding. That is the best performance from a team I've seen in at least 5 years at Rugby Park. (On the flip side Killie were horrific).

I had Aberdeen down for an unchallenged 2nd this year but if they can keep key players such as Thomson/Harkins fit then Dundee look like they could be serious contenders. They kept the ball with ease when they had it, waited for the right pass and were clinical. When they didn't have the ball they hunted in packs and won it back quickly. Nothing revolutionary. I think they've just been watching Bayern Munich DVDs and been told to try to emulate that style of play.

Spot on about the hunting in packs, the poor Killie players never had a second's peace when they had the ball (not often). Even one on one our harassment was tremendous. If you look at the 4th goal McGinn is right up the boy's arse (fnarr) until he wins it. Hopefully that's set the tone for the season with opposition teams not getting any time on the ball.

Loy's finish for the 2nd goal was incredible btw - unbelievable tekkers. The goal was behind him ffs. I don't want to get carried away but does anyone know where next season's Champions League final is getting played?

Spot on about the hunting in packs, the poor Killie players never had a second's peace when they had the ball (not often). Even one on one our harassment was tremendous. If you look at the 4th goal McGinn is right up the boy's arse (fnarr) until he wins it. Hopefully that's set the tone for the season with opposition teams not getting any time on the ball.

Loy's finish for the 2nd goal was incredible btw - unbelievable tekkers. The goal was behind him ffs. I don't want to get carried away but does anyone know where next season's Champions League final is getting played?

Very rarely I applaud an opposition goal. I was on my feet for your second, (great pass from Nemesis). Your first was excellent and the Nemesis tekkers for your 3rd was outstanding, (If only Shiels wasn't such a twat, then Harkins would still be at Rugby Park :( )

Killie were certainly very poor, but one thing they maybe deserve credit for was that they didn't start clogging. Most clubs would start with the heavy stuff in those circumstances. There was only one booking, and that was when Ross drew a foul from O'Hara with a neat bit of skill. No-one got booked for hammering Stewart, who was often targeted last season. He won't have many such pain-free afternoons if he keeps up that form.

No one was willing to pick Stewart up from the first minute so there was never a chance anyone was going to kick him! You don't want your players going around booting folk but when down 4 zip and getting the piss ripped out of you it would have been nice to have seen at least one hard tackle. Then again you need to get close before you can tackle!

Thats the best away performance ive ever seen in following Dundee. When we had the ball we kept it for fun and passed it around well, harkins thomson and Stewart were different class. When we didnt have the ball we hunted in small packs to get it back. If we can keep up a consistency of anywhere near that standard then 4th place is achievable which would be brilliant.

If Stewart has another good season like last then there's not a hope in hell were keeping him. Hes a class act and is someone who is pivotal in the way we play.

Weve still got mcpake and gowser to come back so great options on the bench also this year.

Good luck killie, my favourite away day along side tynecastle!

No one was willing to pick Stewart up from the first minute so there was never a chance anyone was going to kick him! You don't want your players going around booting folk but when down 4 zip and getting the piss ripped out of you it would have been nice to have seen at least one hard tackle. Then again you need to get close before you can tackle!

I posted about this at half time. I thought it was Westlake's job to mark Stewart, on the assumption that he would be playing wide left. Smith would have picked him up if he came over to the right. When it became clear that Stewart was going to be all over the place Killie just didn't, or couldn't, react to that. When Stewart moved into the middle, Westlake would sometimes follow him, leaving a huge gap on the right of Killie's defence that Mageniss sometimes bothered to track back and fill. He didn't always do that, leaving Holt with a vast amount of space. If Westlake stuck to his position none of the midfielders were picking Stewart up. They were too busy losing the battle against the Dundee midfield. The centre backs had enough to worry about with Loy and Hemmings, so Stewart was allowed to run riot in the space between the Killie defence and midfield. I guess the half time changes were intended to sort that out, but it certainly didn't pan out that way. Killie were trying to get forward too quickly without any clear idea of what they were trying to do, and that just left even more space for Dundee to exploit.

I posted about this at half time. I thought it was Westlake's job to mark Stewart, on the assumption that he would be playing wide left. Smith would have picked him up if he came over to the right. When it became clear that Stewart was going to be all over the place Killie just didn't, or couldn't, react to that. When Stewart moved into the middle, Westlake would sometimes follow him, leaving a huge gap on the right of Killie's defence that Mageniss sometimes bothered to track back and fill. He didn't always do that, leaving Holt with a vast amount of space. If Westlake stuck to his position none of the midfielders were picking Stewart up. They were too busy losing the battle against the Dundee midfield. The centre backs had enough to worry about with Loy and Hemmings, so Stewart was allowed to run riot in the space between the Killie defence and midfield. I guess the half time changes were intended to sort that out, but it certainly didn't pan out that way. Killie were trying to get forward too quickly without any clear idea of what they were trying to do, and that just left even more space for Dundee to exploit.

y

Please send this resume to Gary Locke , he need some all the help he can get re tactics

Only person with their hands in my trackie bottoms is your mum m8.

yous bring about 1500 -2000 first game of the season ,a joke support for a city the size of dundee,dont worry when yous are sitting mid table when we play yous in winter time a rugby pk yous will be down to your usual pishy 500 fans

yous bring about 1500 -2000 first game of the season ,a joke support for a city the size of dundee,dont worry when yous are sitting mid table when we play yous in winter time a rugby pk yous will be down to your usual pishy 500 fans

You're one of Afroman's wee ned pals that clearly took a sore one to the head after the game on Saturday, aren't you?

I've never seen Dundee as a top club - in my time they've only ever been a team that flits between the top two divisions with a litany of financial problems. It would be good to see them continue like this for the benefit of the league.

Although if they do have a good season there will be more than a few English clubs enquiring into Hartley's availability.

Dundee is a shithole full stop ,centurion pub or what ever its called full of plastic casuals who shat it from 30 killie last first game of the season,i wouldnt like to see dundee utility if killie would come up wi the numbers we take to ayr airdrie or partick

Dundee is a shithole full stop ,centurion pub or what ever its called full of plastic casuals who shat it from 30 killie last first game of the season,i wouldnt like to see dundee utility if killie would come up wi the numbers we take to ayr airdrie or partick

Are you ok m8, you seem a bit upset?

Archived