Serie A 2015/16

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frosinone are confirmed as getting to play at their own ground this season, whilst Carpi will definitely be playing in Modena.

Parma added a couple of players today. Two strikers who were playing in the third tier last season. From the stats I quickly dug out, Riccardo Musetti scored 6 in 16 with a few assists as well & Daniele Melandri hit double figures in 30-odd appearances. Should hopefully do the business considering they'll be dropping a division.

Doumbia has left Roma to go back to CSKA, so that'll allow Dzeko to officially sign.

Looks like Shaqiri has decided to head to Stoke after all, too. Not good enough last season, but thought he'd have gotten a little longer than half a season.

Why were inter and ac playing in a friendly again? Another sending off also

It's not a proper friendly, to be exact. It's similar to the tournaments that were on in Germany in the summer. A few teams & 45 minute matches. It's Italian sides only, which for over a decade featured only Milan, Inter & Juve. Sassuolo have been in the last 3 years now, however.

Gerson has arrived at roma apparently with the option for Barcelona to buy him for 35m euro in 2017 or 18 (unclear which). Seems odd - can't recall seeing that before

Also digne expected for a medical today as well

Only seen the goals but surely that must have been a very under strength Seville team? That or they were still burst from Tbilisi. Or maybe Roma are just amazing....

Also, destro being strongly linked with a move to Norwich now. Would be a very good signing for them anyway

Only seen the goals but surely that must have been a very under strength Seville team? That or they were still burst from Tbilisi. Or maybe Roma are just amazing....

Also, destro being strongly linked with a move to Norwich now. Would be a very good signing for them anyway

Quick look at the teams suggest 3 that started the game versus Barca started yesterday, with another 3 who came on in that game starting, as well. So not exactly their strongest 11, but still a good side they put out anyway.

Destro, signs for Bologna :thumsup2

The best league in the world returns tomorrow. :D Verona v Roma is on BT tomorrow, with Juventus v Udinese, Lazio v Bologna and Fiorentina v Milan all on Sunday. How about some predictions then?

Champions: Juventus

Other sides have bought well, but Juve, despite losing Pirlo, Tevez etc have bought well themselves and I fancy them to win it again, but by a smaller margin than last season due to increased competition from the likes of Milan and Inter.

Winning Margin: 9 points

Champions League: Roma & Milan

I think Roma will take 2nd again, but Milan have done better in the transfer market over the summer than the likes of Lazio, Napoli, Inter, Fiorentina etc, and I can see them having a very good season, particularly without any European Football to distract them.

Europa League: Lazio & Fiorentina

This was quite tough with only two places up for grabs. Realistically there's a huge number of sides in the mix for this: Inter, Lazio, Fiorentina, Napoli, Bologna, Sampdoria and Genoa could all make a decent case for a European push. I don't see Lazio falling away this season and they've managed to keep a hold of the likes of Anderson and Candreva, although they might need to bring in another striker who'll be capable of getting 15+. Fiorentina looked good in pre-season, particularly in beating Barcelona. Mario Suarez is a terrific signing and Rossi (hopefully) getting fit would be like signing a new player. Gomez leaving isn't much of a loss given his goal return since he joined, but he could have formed a solid partnership with Rossi. Paulo Sousa is a good manager as well and has an impressive record, especially at his last 3 clubs. Don't think they'll miss Montella much at all.

Sixth: Inter

This might be relevant as it could mean an additional EL place dependant on the cup winners. They've done some good business over the summer and they've still got plenty of firepower up front with Icardi, Palacio and now Jovetic. Looking at the squad though, there's not much creativity in the midfield and they might struggle to supply the forwards with any ammunition to bang in the goals. They do look stronger at the back though with Montoya and Miranda coming in. I did consider Napoli but they finished 5th last year in a weaker league and they haven't really done anything to strengthen what was already a pretty leaky defence. They have plenty of options going forward, but I think keeping goals out will be a problem again.

Relegated: Carpi, Frosinone & Udinese

Don't really need to get in to too much detail for choosing the first two - by far the smallest sides in the league who will finish well adrift of 17th. Would love it if they could make a decent fist of it though. The third side was a little more difficult. It really was a toss up between Udinese, Chievo, Atalanta and Verona. I've went for Udinese though as they've been in a sharp decline since that 5th placed finish a few years back and only stayed up last season by 7 points. A stronger league this season might just be enough to push them through the trap door.

Top Scorer: Carlos Bacca (20+)

IMO the best striker in the league now. He's never failed to get double figures in any (full) season since he started his career and I think he's going to score a bucketload. A lot of creative players in the squad such as Cerci, Menez & Honda who will be laying on plenty of chances for him, too.

Roma game just started on bt sport 2. Only started showing it at 13 minutes in as they were showing the tennis. Seen the start on sky sport Italia on my phone and nothing much happened. Decent chance for Verona early doors that went over the bar but not much else

Roma game just started on bt sport 2. Only started showing it at 13 minutes in as they were showing the tennis. Seen the start on sky sport Italia on my phone and nothing much happened. Decent chance for Verona early doors that went over the bar but not much else

Roma looking quite good so far. Salah and Dzeko look like they've slotted in very nicely.

Archived