How many season tickets sold?

Spot on. These cnuts have ruined our game trying to turn it into the EPL and failing fcuking miserably. Turning down TV deals only then to accept much shytier ones, failing to find a sponser, and other consistent p1sh just put new people off. (if you are a Killie fan you could also add Michael 'Fannybaws' Johnston to that list).

It's embarrassing to have leadership so committed to talking the game down. Ogilvie is away though, but he's done plenty enough damage by just being there.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres also plenty to suggest they arent. Celtic just about scrape into the top 20 in terms of attendances, and Rangers arent in it

Celtic 23rd in attendance, Sevco at 43 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_attendances_of_European_football_clubs

Neither feature in the top 20 of Deloitte's money list either. http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/na/Documents/audit/gx-football-money-league-2015.pdf (last time Celtic featured was 2007 (17th), Rangers 2006 (18th).

They don't even feature in top 10's in terms of social media popularity: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/09/twitter-facebook-instagram-world-leading-football-clubs-social-media

In Celtic's case there may be an argument to using a phrasing along the lines of they're in the top 20 'iconic' clubs in Europe ie: something that can't really be quantified beyond an assumed perception of their significance but there's no evidence beyond that that to support the claim that either of the ugly sisters are in the top 20 "biggest" clubs in Europe let alone the world.

Edit to add: The Swiss Ramble's great for this sort of stuff and gives as comprehensive an overview of Celtic's finances in relation to Scottish football as you'd want: http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/celtic-everythings-gone-green.html

In honesty who's fault is it that attendances aren't higher?

I've just had a quick look at the Daily Mail and I think the blame lies with those asylum seekers at Calais. (single mothers seem to have something to do with it too).

Theres also plenty to suggest they arent. Celtic just about scrape into the top 20 in terms of attendances, and Rangers arent in it

Possibly, but to quote you somewhat I'm not particularly that bothered if they are or are not, it wasn't really the main point of my argument.

They are, unarguably, two huge clubs which is unusual for a country of Scotland's size, and certainly there is no club in comparable leagues like Austria, Poland, Scandinavia, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Belgium - even countries with a far bigger population than Scotland - who have two clubs the size of Rangers and Celtic in their league.

We have sold so many season tickets that we are now offering seats the South stand in order to meet the demand for briefs. We will be full to capacity for every home game, with tickets being touted on Ebay at 10 times their face value. No need to check this information, as everything that I have written here is based on actual figures supplied to me in a dream that I had last night. :ph34r:

Id say Galatasaray and Fenerbache are at least as big as Celtic and Rangers tbh

Galatasaray, definitely. Fenerbahce is arguable. That being said, with the size of Istanbul those sides should be at least as big as anything from Glasgow.

Id say Galatasaray and Fenerbache are at least as big as Celtic and Rangers tbh

Would be interested on what basis, since above you were quoting a list where Celtic scraped into the top 20, presumably on average crowds.

Fenerbahce get average crowds of 20,000.

Considering the population of Turkey is 75 million, the average in the top division was lower than in Scotland's top flight (not even counting Rangers), which adds to my point our crowds are actually pretty decent.

Would be interested on what basis, since above you were quoting a list where Celtic scraped into the top 20, presumably on average crowds.

Fenerbahce get average crowds of 20,000.

Considering the population of Turkey is 75 million, the average in the top division was lower than in Scotland's top flight (not even counting Rangers), which adds to my point our crowds are actually pretty decent.

Galatasary 18th in Deloitte's revenue list 2013/14 & 16th 2012/13, Fenerbahçe 18th 2012/13.

Happy to help.

I think I'll trust the official attendance figure over your third hand information. Although I do remember one game when Killie had Mixu as manager where you brought a great away support up on a weekday night and your team absolutely destroyed us with one of the best passing displays I've ever seen in the SPL.

The logic of Scottish football... If I remember correctly, it was the midweek after Christmas and we were scheduled to play ICT away at 7.45. It was snowing all the way up the A9, the car had to travel at 15mph so not to skid on the ice and then Killie made it all worth while by being phenomenal.

Think we got home about 4am.

Galatasary 18th in Deloitte's revenue list 2013/14 & 16th 2012/13, Fenerbahçe 18th 2012/13.

Happy to help.

And going by that Stoke and Swansea are bigger than Porto and Lazio.

Deloitte I think have said themselves Celtic's ability to get into the top 20 is restricted by their broadcast income.

Also failure to make the champions league regularly will have contributed.

Anyway, we're supposed to be having a crowd w*nk.

You banging on about Celtic again?

Archived