When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

OOO, harsh fines :lol::lol:, what do they do when the all the member states are round the table and quietly tell them to fuck off ? My guess is they fuck off.

14 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

OOO, harsh fines :lol::lol:, what do they do when the all the member states are round the table and quietly tell them to fuck off ? My guess is they fuck off.

The Court imposes additional penalties and add interest. There are no other Member States round the table. All the decisions are taken by the judges alone. 

ETA - btw, Poland is not due any fines in relation to joining the Eurozone as you suggested in your earlier post. It has not met the convergence criteria.

Your sarcastic posts only demonstrate your utter ignorance rather than any, even the lowest form, of wit. They only confirm your idiocy. :lol:

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Clearly the current brexit one which is doing the circulation

Really?

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Of course, Scotland doesn't have the intelligence to produce a white paper.. too wee and stupid. But of course the mighty GB does and it's gospel.
Wee man syndrome

To whom are you referring in your first and second sentences? I assume that that third refers to yourself. 

33 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Court imposes additional penalties and add interest. There are no other Member States round the table. All the decisions are taken by the judges alone. 

ETA - btw, Poland is not due any fines in relation to joining the Eurozone as you suggested in your earlier post. It has not met the convergence criteria.

Your sarcastic posts only demonstrate your utter ignorance rather than any, even the lowest form, of wit. They only confirm your idiocy. :lol:

Mate, if all 28 member states agree to something, regardless of whether it's against the rules or not, it will happen. That's the fucking reality.

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

No so. The currency issue alone could be a major barrier to EU entry. Then there are other non-devolved areas where major legislation would be required to comply with the acquisition. And all this would need to happen whilst Brexit is being negotiated!

Scotland already complies with EU law. We're still a member. Are you suggesting that all non-devolved UK legislation will cease to apply in Scotland on Independence day if we become independent before Brexit?

Do you understand the principles behind the UK Government's proposed Great Repeal Bill? The UK Government consider it possible for Westminster to transpose the entirety of current EU law into 'Britiish' Law in one short Act and then amend any part of it at their leisure in the future. 

In contrast, you appear to believe that an independent Holyrood government would have to re-write every Act & Regulation on Independence Day? Please provide more detail.

10 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Scotland already complies with EU law. We're still a member. Are you suggesting that all non-devolved UK legislation will cease to apply in Scotland on Independence day if we become independent before Brexit?

Do you understand the principles behind the UK Government's proposed Great Repeal Bill? The UK Government consider it possible for Westminster to transpose the entirety of current EU law into 'Britiish' Law in one short Act and then amend any part of it at their leisure in the future. 

In contrast, you appear to believe that an independent Holyrood government would have to re-write every Act & Regulation on Independence Day? Please provide more detail.

Scotland is only a Member whilst it is part of the UK. The EU Treaties are clear, if Scotland leaves the UK, it leaves the EU too. 

An independent Scotland will have to a huge amount legislation in relation to matters that are not currently devolved, i.e. reserved to Westminster, to comply with the 35 chapters of the acquis. 

That's why an independent Scotland should opt for EFTA/EEA/Single Market membership rather than full EU membership. Even if to comply with Single Market rules, iScotland would have to use UK Government regulatory bodies, e.g. through service agreements.

38 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

Mate, if all 28 member states agree to something, regardless of whether it's against the rules or not, it will happen. That's the fucking reality.

Nonsense. The reality is that the Court of Justice enforces the Treaties. Law is law and it can be disregarded for political convenience. The other Member States would have to agree to amend the Treaties. They wanted to get rid of the UK's budget rebate but couldn't.

6 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

1) Scotland is only a Member whilst it is part of the UK.

2) The EU Treaties are clear, if Scotland leaves the UK, it leaves the EU too. 

3) An independent Scotland will have to a huge amount legislation in relation to matters that are not currently devolved, i.e. reserved to Westminster, to comply with the 35 chapters of the acquis. 

4) That's why an independent Scotland should opt for EFTA/EEA/Single Market membership rather than full EU membership.

5) Even if to comply with Single Market rules, iScotland would have to use UK Government regulatory bodies, e.g. through service agreements.

1) I've already said that we are a current member and comply with current EU law. I didn't ask you to repeat that point.

2) I didn't ask you about this either. Let's agree to disagree on the effect of independence on our EU membership

3) This is your reply to the actual question I asked? I think you've missed out some words (or even complete paragraphs) as what you've written doesn't make sense! Please address the point I made regarding the UK Great Repeal Bill and why a similar arrangement would not apply to iScotland.

4) As you didn't make a coherent reply to point 3 above, I fail to follow your reasoning.

5) Can you provide examples of UK regulatory bodies which would 'have' to be used by an iScotland?

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) I've already said that we are a current member and comply with current EU law. I didn't ask you to repeat that point.

2) I didn't ask you about this either. Let's agree to disagree on the effect of independence on our EU membership

3) This is your reply to the actual question I asked? I think you've missed out some words (or even complete paragraphs) as what you've written doesn't make sense! Please address the point I made regarding the UK Great Repeal Bill and why a similar arrangement would not apply to iScotland.

4) As you didn't make a coherent reply to point 3 above, I fail to follow your reasoning.

5) Can you provide examples of UK regulatory bodies which would 'have' to be used by an iScotland?

on 3) Scotland would be enacting, not repealing, legislation. It's the difference between leaving and joining. The UK is currently compliant with all the chapters of the acquis, Scotland (as a devolved Government) is not.

As for 5), there are lots of such bodies and I'm too busy atm. 

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

on 3) Scotland would be enacting, not repealing, legislation. It's the difference between leaving and joining. The UK is currently compliant with all the chapters of the acquis, Scotland (as a devolved Government) is not.

As for 5), there are lots of such bodies and I'm too busy atm. 

On 3 - Please explain why Scotland will have to enact lots of new legislation when it leaves the UK yet the UK only needs one Great Reform Act to retain the entirety of EU law in 'British Law' when it leaves the EU

Both cases involve leaving, not joining.

On 5 - surely you have a couple of examples you can give off the top of your head?

17 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Nonsense. The reality is that the Court of Justice enforces the Treaties. Law is law and it can be disregarded for political convenience. The other Member States would have to agree to amend the Treaties. They wanted to get rid of the UK's budget rebate but couldn't.

This what i'm clearly saying, member states agree to something, treaties are changed and there's fuck all judges or commission presidents can do about it.