Heart of Midlothian v Arbroath, League Cup First Round, 30/07/2015

Elixir

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where Whatley was today? If he's available id start him, Clarke and Stewart in the middle. Linn and Reid out wide and give Grehan a start up top. Notice Munro was on the bench so hopefully he's fit again soon

Whatley was there I believe! Seen him standing in the dugout!

do gate receipts get split for this or what?

It looks like it's going to be a low turnout. Not many sold on etickets.

5000ish gate on the night maybe?

Hopefully it will be a sunny evening to lure a few more along.

It looks like it's going to be a low turnout. Not many sold on etickets.

5000ish gate on the night maybe?

Hopefully it will be a sunny evening to lure a few more along.

Whit? I know it's only a diddy game for hearts fans but you had great attendances for games last season? 5000 would be pish poor from Hearts IMO. First competitive game.

Whatley has a wee injury I'm sure, Munro says on twitter he has one too but I hope they're both fit for Thursday. We missed Munros pace at the back on Saturday. I mind last season we got a pumping from Alloa then went to a strong Hamilton side and did much better. Hopefully same again.

Whit? I know it's only a diddy game for hearts fans but you had great attendances for games last season? 5000 would be pish poor from Hearts IMO. First competitive game.

Whatley has a wee injury I'm sure, Munro says on twitter he has one too but I hope they're both fit for Thursday. We missed Munros pace at the back on Saturday. I mind last season we got a pumping from Alloa then went to a strong Hamilton side and did much better. Hopefully same again.

We only had about 5000 against Elgin a few years ago. Same scenario. Midweek is the main turnoff IMO. No complaints with the pricing.

The club have only opened the wheatfield stand for home supporters so that shows you their level of expectation.

[quote name="1320Lichtie" post="9658122" timestamp="1437932208

Who would you drop for them?

Everyone to be housed in the same stand on Thursday?

Arbroath fans in the lower tier of the main stand to one side, Hearts fans in other lower tier/ upper tier and in the stand opposite also.

I'm still quietly laughing to myself that folk expect/ expected a 14k crowd and Arbroath to make 50k :lol:. Realistically we'll make 10/ 12k I expect, 20 utter max.

Are Arbroath fans in the Main Stand? Can't remember the last time we did that. Bordeaux maybe? Sure we crammed them in the old Section N and that was it. :lol:

Still looking forward to my 1st trip to Tynecastle even though it's going to be a smallish crowd and probably not much atmosphere. Another ground to tick off the list.

Absolutely no idea how we will set up or who will play. Would like to see Munro return if fit and Grehan to get a start.

I'm not sure who I'd drop for Munro. Hay was disappointing but has impressed in pre-season. Little seems the obvious one to drop but he wasn't bad on Saturday. Maybe put Little at RB?I'd have Cecilia in for Clarke at CM and Grehan in up top.

Fleming

Little

Munro

Hay

Lowdon

Linn

Cecilia (Whatley if fit)

Stewart

Gold

Reid

Grehan

Going to be a tough shift

Also hopefully Grehan won't be going daft chasing the back 4 about when we don't have the ball. Coult was doing it on Saturday,was shattered everytime he got the ball and pulled our midfield right out of place letting Dunfermline walk right through us

Arbroath fans travelling through dundee to the game...the arbroath road approaching the Scott fyfe roundabout is closed for maintenance all week, so you can go into Broughty ferry, get yourself onto strathern road, up the strips of craigie and up onto Scott fyfe roundabout that way.

Archived