Heart of Midlothian v Arbroath, League Cup First Round, 30/07/2015

Elixir

Arbroath fans travelling through dundee to the game...the arbroath road approaching the Scott fyfe roundabout is closed for maintenance all week, so you can go into Broughty ferry, get yourself onto strathern road, up the strips of craigie and up onto Scott fyfe roundabout that way.

f**k sake

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arbroath fans in the lower tier of the main stand to one side, Hearts fans in other lower tier/ upper tier and in the stand opposite also.

I'm still quietly laughing to myself that folk expect/ expected a 14k crowd and Arbroath to make 50k :lol:. Realistically we'll make 10/ 12k I expect, 20 utter max.

It would have been about 8k if it was the weekend probably. We only average 15k for league matches because there are 13k season ticket holders and the majority of them will have their feet up watching telly after a days work.

Don't feel insulted though, only 10k turned up to see us play a team of internationals last Sunday afternoon.

Not sure what to expect team wise from us. I see the appeal in resting key players and giving guys like Oliver a run out, but at the same time, injuries have robbed us of the chance to play a settled team in pre-season. I'd quite like to see us play the 'keeper and back four we'll start with on Sunday and maybe give the likes of Juanma and Buaben half an hour off the bench if they're up to it for fitness.

Wilson to drop out, Little to RB and Munro partnering Hay in the middle. Stoney at LB if fit

I think Little showed at tail end of last season , once Todd took charge , that he is a much better centre back than right back and from what I've seen of Hay and Munro I would have Little as first pick for that position , Wilson and Johnston have surely got to be the full backs ,we can't expect to get much from this game but looking to the season ahead it's important we get a settled back four and to get that they need games together, I would hope whoever Todd starts in defence tomorrow are the same back four for the Elgin game ,chopping and changing the defence cost us dearly last season .

I've no intention of going myself, but I hope our Arbroath brothers in maroon have a decent day/night out.

Would've been a fantastic day out if it was Saturday, took 750 to Easter road so imagine it would be similar, not sure how many will make the Thursday night trip

Would've been a fantastic day out if it was Saturday, took 750 to Easter road so imagine it would be similar, not sure how many will make the Thursday night trip

Hopefully you enjoy tynie mate.

Good luck Arbroath 8)

Archived