Ritchie barr too Hurlford thistle?

the secret spy

4anc sorry but your clutching at straws mate. So new faces in the Cumnock team were not trying to impress. The manager just told his players jist take it easy it's only Hurlford we are playing. No harm to you but your thin kings in the past. Harestanes taking 7 off a junior side. I'm sure that junior sides boss would have been laughing thit off as just a training exercise. Colville park, bannockburn etc etc. There is loads of quality amateurs with players in their team that easily could be junior even senior. Junior football is on the slide. Gates are shocking on the whole. Why because of the standard. There is loads of cash in the amateurs now to attrackt players away from the likes of the district leage.

Played junior for going on seven year now. Been out for nearly a year through injury and just trying to get back to fitness and it will be amateur I will be returning too. Not because I think my injury will prevent me playing junior, it may, but because the amateur game is on the verge of overtaking the junior game and it's less hassle and more enjoyable into the bargain

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course the manager never said that, but it's a sub-conscious thing, the Cumnock players would not have been giving a f**k last night, hurlford would've been well up for it.

I agree there's a lot of good amateur teams full of players that could play junior or senior. I never questioned that.

Can't comment on harestanes, but based on that hurlford team, not many would play at a decent level. Having played against them many times, and with some of them, they could maybe get a game super league first, particularly frizzel and the rb. Mullen, well we all know he was pro, and came for the cash.

As for your comment about cash to attract players, that's what's ruining amateur football. It's a shite thing to do, and teams that win anything by it can take very little from their achievement, as they've done it using players that wouldn't be there but for the money. Amateurs shouldn't be getting money by definition, look at the young boy playing in the open in the weekend, wouldn't have got a penny of the £1million cos he's an AMATEUR.

Just a quick aside, having played hurlford years ago when the were arguably at their best, I was always surprised to see how arrogant they were with it. They didn't win with any sort of quiet dignity, when everyone knows that boys were getting heavily weighed in. It's ruined Ayrshire amateur football for a good few years now.

Good post. Even though don't agree with some things. I think the golfer will get plenty in his back pocket for wearing and playing brand names. No such a thing as amateur in any walk of life. It's the moder age am afraid.

Don't think dunne had sponsors on him, don't imagine he paid for his under armour gear tho.

There's plenty decent honest amateur teams, playing for the love of the game and (genuinely) with their pals. Some great clubs and committees in prem alone, and ironically, the lower in the leagues you go the better the camaraderie within teams.

It's the few like hurlford and ksc that ruin it for everyone. They're not hated because they're good - but because they cheat. If a genuine bunch of amateur boys had won the Scottish, west, prem in one season I'm sure most teams, even their rivals, would doff their cap to them. Fact is, it was bought, therefore it means very little.

Plenty of money in the amateurs? Makes no sense. Is this mainly in Ayrshire ? Or does this happen at say Central Premier sides. They're the top dogs of the amateur scene at the moment. Are Harestanes, Colville, Bannockburn, Drumchapel Wellhouse, Greenock and the likes also giving there boys sweeteners to play there football at amateur level ?

Don't know them all. But youngish Ardeer never gave them an inch on a small park. Big keeper saved them from a mauling. They flung about six subs on at the break. Know rocks and Mullin were playing. Very few of last seasons team on from start, so Ardeer committee were saying.

So I personally was down watching ksc v ardeer on Wednesday night. Ardeer were by far the hungrier side should have won the game. But the interesting thing is a hear a couple of the ex Hurlford boys are already wanting away from ksc. Ritchie Mullen unhappy at way it's shaping up and davie rocks also not happy and wanting away. Heard that from a few people as well.

So I personally was down watching ksc v ardeer on Wednesday night. Ardeer were by far the hungrier side should have won the game. But the interesting thing is a hear a couple of the ex Hurlford boys are already wanting away from ksc. Ritchie Mullen unhappy at way it's shaping up and davie rocks also not happy and wanting away. Heard that from a few people as well.

So the guys who were supposedly going to "play wae their pals" are scunnered already because ksc ain't winning?? That's what happens when you play with a side that does nothing but win, then move on. Sometimes winning is more important than the cash

Well from what am hearing the drums aren't beating too well in the ksc camp and there's unrest inside the camp. From my point of view a player leaving Hurlford too take a step down can only be doing it too play with his pals but too be fair too the boys a heard this ksc team is nearly all new boys bar one or two so maybe the grass wasn't greener. Sure Hurlford would take the two back in a minute if had the opportunity

Archived