Ritchie barr too Hurlford thistle?

the secret spy

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had the pleasure of playing against the 2 boys for a few year and can honestly say they are a couple of cracking boys. I don't hold the boys responsible for the way the team that they played for at the time chose to run the team. Surely that should be aimed at The w****r Hamilton and the committee. What do they have to prove to anyone after all the silverware they won

His issues off the field led to his decision on the field, thats why i mentioned it. Anyway, good luck to him and KSC, they seem to have gathered a good side and that league should be very interesting with Glenburn and Shortlees.

Was watching the Hurlford game tonight against Cumnock juniors and Hurlford did ok but could tell there missing the boys who have left. Play well and like getting the ball down but no heart fight or talking throughout the park. Need too make a few more "big" signings IMO

Very good club. And have a half decent team feel like there lacking some bite tonight. Albeit great result after going down too 10. A have nothing against any club in amateur or junior football. Was a not bad game too watch. Just felt bit flat through there team,maybe because was only a friendly.

Amateur v juniors is a tricky one. Wouldn't read much into this result at all. For the amateurs it's a big game although it's a friendly, for the juniors there's an arrogance and a 'don't care' attitude towards these games, in my experience.

4anc, what's your view on Amateurs v Seniors never mind the juniors. Are Hairstanes going to embarrass themselves. Plenty of amateur clubs afe miles ahead of plenty of juniors nowadays.

4anc, what's your view on Amateurs v Seniors never mind the juniors. Are Hairstanes going to embarrass themselves. Plenty of amateur clubs afe miles ahead of plenty of juniors nowadays.

That's true to an extent. I can only really talk for Ayrshire football, though. Take the Ayrshire premier, a few years ago when hurlford were at their best I would've argued they would've done ok in the junior super league first division. Now, I would say the likes of hurlford, Clark drive would compete top end of Ayrshire district league, which by definition makes them better than the likes of craigmark, muirkirk and these teams.

It's a moot point though. having played both levels, the whole mindset to approaching games, intensity in training and attitude of players is different.

I reckon harestanes will do ok V Girvan (if that's who they've got) but don't think they'll go much further. It's nice they've got a wee crack at it though.

4anc, come on Hurlford would be 1/10 favourites if they were to be starting in the district league this season. Rob Roy mon, let me tell you I have a debilitating condition and some times it very hard for. Me to hit the keys accurately. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Porky - given the fact that hurlford are still chasing boys etc and don't know their final squad I don't think that's a sound assumption.

Sure, the guys at hurlford have ability, but fitness is an issue. the fat guy up front is a good example of that, Mitch, is it? Good touches but 3 stone overweight. The old guy wardrobe at CB, with another big heavy fella (going on last seasons squad), again decent players but not mobile. These sort of things would be exploited by anyone with decent movement and fitness.

They have a few very good players, the boy frizzel, the rb (Rico?) but then so do the better teams in Ayrshire district league.

Porky - given the fact that hurlford are still chasing boys etc and don't know their final squad I don't think that's a sound assumption.

Sure, the guys at hurlford have ability, but fitness is an issue. the fat guy up front is a good example of that, Mitch, is it? Good touches but 3 stone overweight. The old guy wardrobe at CB, with another big heavy fella (going on last seasons squad), again decent players but not mobile. These sort of things would be exploited by anyone with decent movement and fitness.

They have a few very good players, the boy frizzel, the rb (Rico?) but then so do the better teams in Ayrshire district league.

Trust me the line up you saw last night will not be the line up come start off the season. Fair play for them getting a result against a junior side with the side they put out. I only saw second half and it was backs to the wall because of red card. At least four of that 11, possibly five, will rarely feature competitively

Then why did Cumnock not exploit the fatties. Was it that they just couldn't be bothered. FFS Cumnock are one of the biggest names in junior football.

Cos Cumnock players wouldn't have been interested in that game last night, most junior players in my experience have bit of a superiority complex and would probably rather not even play that last night.

Read absolutely nothing into that result. Cumnock, at full speed, during the season, would beat hurlford quite easily.

Trust me the line up you saw last night will not be the line up come start off the season. Fair play for them getting a result against a junior side with the side they put out. I only saw second half and it was backs to the wall because of red card. At least four of that 11, possibly five, will rarely feature competitively

I wasn't there, what was their line up?

4anc sorry but your clutching at straws mate. So new faces in the Cumnock team were not trying to impress. The manager just told his players jist take it easy it's only Hurlford we are playing. No harm to you but your thin kings in the past. Harestanes taking 7 off a junior side. I'm sure that junior sides boss would have been laughing thit off as just a training exercise. Colville park, bannockburn etc etc. There is loads of quality amateurs with players in their team that easily could be junior even senior. Junior football is on the slide. Gates are shocking on the whole. Why because of the standard. There is loads of cash in the amateurs now to attrackt players away from the likes of the district leage.

I wasn't there, what was their line up?

I'm not totally up to speed on names but wardrobe at centre half. Will be astounded if he's their regular. The heavy ex bonnyton player up front, he won't feature. Virgil in midfield and the boy from clark drive at full back then centre half when went to ten men, they wont feature either. Some young lad down the right hand side too. If that team last night is there regular start 11 they will do well even to win league but something tells me it won't be!!!!!

Archived