Man In The High Castle

NorthernLights

Just watched both seasons in the space of 2 weeks there. A fantastic show. Obergruppenfuhrer Smith is an excellent portrayal as the Japanese Chief inspector guy. 

Spoiler

What was Joe really doing during that season though? His time in Berlin only served to give him an origin story but did nothing to further his purpose or his relationship with Juliana. It's like they didn't know what to do with him while the plot developed and have just tried to keep him on screen until his part is more relevant again. Unless I just haven't been paying attention.

Jumped straight into the second season without finding a decent recap of what happened in season one. A "previously on" certainly would of came in handy.

Spoiler

Binging the season certainly helped cover up a lot of the faults I could nitpick at. The only issue I really had was Inspector Kido surviving being shot & caught in the bomb blast. When I saw him alive in the rubble I feared that basically everyone of note was going to survive the bombing.

Thought it was a nice way to end Frank's story. Then I read through the comments here and it got me thinking. Reckon we'll be seeing a new alternative universe Frank in season 3.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Jumped straight into the second season without finding a decent recap of what happened in season one. A "previously on" certainly would of came in handy.

Reveal hidden contents

Binging the season certainly helped cover up a lot of the faults I could nitpick at. The only issue I really had was Inspector Kido surviving being shot & caught in the bomb blast. When I saw him alive in the rubble I feared that basically everyone of note was going to survive the bombing.

Thought it was a nice way to end Frank's story. Then I read through the comments here and it got me thinking. Reckon we'll be seeing a new alternative universe Frank in season 3.

I reckon watching season one would have helped more. 

Just finished season 1. Top stuff. Will start season 2 tomorrow.

What the f**k was that ending all about though? How did the Trade Minister transport himself to a different reality? Also is Hitler's castle the eponymous one? He did seem to have pretty much all of the films, and I assume they were the ones the resistance were smuggling. Who is the Man in the High Castle? I assume it must be someone close to Hitler. Hopefully the second series will reveal all.

Joe is a dick. Smith is quality for being such a b*****d. Will he really kill his boy? Thought they were angling for that to be his face turn, but then he ended up speaking to Hitler directly (and lying about his Deutsch being scheisse).

Also the guy who plays the Trade Ministet was Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat films. He was also in License to Kill. He's also been in episodes of Star Trek, Miami Vice, MacGyver, Heroes and loads of other stuff.

He also has Russian citizenship (as well as American and Japanese). He's also fluent in Korean and Spanish.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Also the guy who plays the Trade Ministet was Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat films. He was also in License to Kill. He's also been in episodes of Star Trek, Miami Vice, MacGyver, Heroes and loads of other stuff.

He also has Russian citizenship (as well as American and Japanese). He's also fluent in Korean and Spanish.

Holy shit - what a spot! :lol:

Aye, he's the Hong Kong Narcotics agent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/25/2017 at 19:21, Elixir said:

A third season has been confirmed. Hopefully it's out in December again, ready to be binge watched over Christmas. :lol:

Season 3 is out just now and I'm 3 episodes in.  Really enjoying it once again.  Despite not much really happening so far it's been very fast paced and enjoyable.  Looking forward to the next 7 episodes!

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

Finally got round to starting series three today. Wasn't sure if, after such a long break, I'd be able to get back into the storyline easily, but yep - helped by fairly harrowing stuff already. Hoping to hammer through it over the next week or so now that I'm done with most Uni stuff for the month.

Edited by Ross Forbes

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Is that enough time to watch the first 3 series again?

Yes, it’s only 30 episodes, you can comfortably do that in a week and a bit!!!

i did it in a week a few months ago when I thought Season 4 was coming back in September!!!☹️