M9 Crash near Stirling

It's a strange accident all together but one that will be investigated thoroughly so we''ll find out how it happened.

It's all about risk as to provide a barrier. They did a lot of assessment after a car coming off the motorway caused the Selby Rail Crash, where it was argued that a barrier would have reduced the severity of that accident.

It's not what I do at work but barrier provision was always on potential of accident occurrence and outcome severity. The drop and trees might makes it marginal, however offset by the 25,000 vehicles a day that aren't having a problem and it is a cost/benefit analysis really.

At Great Heck the driver of the Landrover came off the road before the crash barriers started on the approach to the bridge.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe one day the papers will publish or people on here will comment on the plenty of good things carried out by hard working cops.

That wouldn't be news though would it?

Much easier to be negative.

Maybe one day the papers will publish or people on here will comment on the plenty of good things carried out by hard working cops.

https://home.bt.com/news/odd-news/police-save-the-day-for-a-mother-duck-and-her-nine-ducklings-11363994261557

No it wouldn't be news.

Unless you are implying that competent hard working polis are remarkable enough to warrant special attention?

I've got mates who are coppers, and they do a good job, certainly one I don't fancy doing myself. The police certainly haven't covered theirselves in glory in this case though, whether that is down to individual errors or a systematic failure remains to be seen. BTW, my mates all reckoned the creation of Police Scotland was a recipe for disaster.

No it wouldn't be news.

Unless you are implying that competent hard working polis are remarkable enough to warrant special attention?

No I'm not as that would be silly but it is clear of the many positive things the police do about 0.1% make the press but they jump all over 99% of bad new stories ranging from the very trivial up to the most tragic which of course should be highlighted.

I've got mates who are coppers, and they do a good job, certainly one I don't fancy doing myself. The police certainly haven't covered theirselves in glory in this case though, whether that is down to individual errors or a systematic failure remains to be seen. BTW, my mates all reckoned the creation of Police Scotland was a recipe for disaster.

I work in a 101 centre(not where this tragic incident happened) and am sure this incident is being investigated properly and without prejudice.

It is a good job and in my own personal opinion it hasn't changed much since the change as tbh it is still run like Strathclyde Police only.

^which is the issue. Ask any cop where was the biggest f**k up, who's systems were the most antiquated, which cops would you rely upon the least to be properly trained/doing their jobs /not bent. Strathclyde.

We were sold a national police force under the guise of taking best practice from across all forces. That never happened. The biggest and therefore cheapest practice got rolled out everywhere and sorry pccabe regardless of how hard you may work the service we receive is a joke. The quality has stepped back decades in terms of prevention, detection and community safety.

Custodies in more than one area went back to processing prisoners on a fucking bit of paper/ chitty basis after having a computerised system for years. Child protection is a long forgotten dream, traffic is pretty non-existent outside the central belt. Dedicated, high level, drugs teams are entirely non-existent outside the central belt.

I don't knock coppers as the ones i know work very hard and do an appalling difficult job with miniscule resources and a leather clad, Westminster puppet, prancing about / running the show.

But if you want support from the public, try speaking out or unionising and recognise that despite your efforts what we receive from Police Scotland is a disgrace. And i don't just mean the recent disaster on the M9.

Archived