M9 Crash near Stirling

^which is the issue. Ask any cop where was the biggest f**k up, who's systems were the most antiquated, which cops would you rely upon the least to be properly trained/doing their jobs /not bent. Strathclyde.

We were sold a national police force under the guise of taking best practice from across all forces. That never happened. The biggest and therefore cheapest practice got rolled out everywhere and sorry pccabe regardless of how hard you may work the service we receive is a joke. The quality has stepped back decades in terms of prevention, detection and community safety.

Custodies in more than one area went back to processing prisoners on a fucking bit of paper/ chitty basis after having a computerised system for years. Child protection is a long forgotten dream, traffic is pretty non-existent outside the central belt. Dedicated, high level, drugs teams are entirely non-existent outside the central belt.

I don't knock coppers as the ones i know work very hard and do an appalling difficult job with miniscule resources and a leather clad, Westminster puppet, prancing about / running the show.

But if you want support from the public, try speaking out or unionising and recognise that despite your efforts what we receive from Police Scotland is a disgrace. And i don't just mean the recent disaster on the M9.

I'm sorry but as a Strathclyde officer for 12 years and 2 years in Police Scotland I take your slur on Strathclyde Police as a personal insult.

I received the same training as other forces, I am certainly not bent and neither are the people I work with and Tayside, Northern and Grampian forces systems were totally outdated hence why they needed upgraded.

It is hard to unionise when we are not allowed a Union by law only a Federation.

Most of us on the frontline are hard working and give a far better service than we are given credit for.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but as a Strathclyde officer for 12 years and 2 years in Police Scotland I take your slur on Strathclyde Police as a personal insult.

I received the same training as other forces, I am certainly not bent and neither are the people I work with and Tayside, Northern and Grampian forces systems were totally outdated hence why they needed upgraded.

It is hard to unionise when we are not allowed a Union by law only a Federation.

Most of us on the frontline are hard working and give a far better service than we are given credit for.

Good, you should, they were an embarrassment.

And when you get down off your high horse you may notice i said most likely to be... bent. Not you all are.

Also i fully recognise that other forces had major deficiencies but some of that at least was to do with the outright ban on any sort of improvement / upgrading in the 3-5 years prior to police Scotland.

I am sure some of what strathclyde did was best practice and worthy of national roll out. But not all of it, in fact not a lot of it.

I thought you worked in a call centre.

It's called a secondment you idiotic bampot.

I am one of 14 officers temporarily working there.

Glad to see you can read despite not having the courtesy to acknowledge proof of what I do.

Did you not like being proved wrong?

Good, you should, they were an embarrassment.

And when you get down off your high horse you may notice i said most likely to be... bent. Not you all are.

Also i fully recognise that other forces had major deficiencies but some of that at least was to do with the outright ban on any sort of improvement / upgrading in the 3-5 years prior to police Scotland.

I am sure some of what strathclyde did was best practice and worthy of national roll out. But not all of it, in fact not a lot of it.

Sorry you are wrong.

It is the typical blame the Weegies attitude we see in Scotland on a regular basis.

Please feel free to use your expertise to list the systems that are failures?

It's called a secondment you idiotic bampot.

I am one of 14 officers temporarily working there.

Glad to see you can read despite not having the courtesy to acknowledge proof of what I do.

Did you not like being proved wrong?

You shouldn't be so touchy, nothing wrong with working in a call centre. Not exactly frontline though.

^^^Two dead when a vehicle jumps the barrier on a motor way and it still isn't the worst car crash on here.

^^^Two dead when a vehicle jumps the barrier on a motor way and it still isn't the worst car crash on here.

I see the clown Sergeant is spouting pish as always.

You are easily the thickest poster on Pie and Bovril.

At least you're good at something.

You shouldn't be so touchy, nothing wrong with working in a call centre. Not exactly frontline though.

Not being touchy.

Only working there due to being fully trained in the systems required.

I think 3 months put of 14 years working in an office is fairly acceptable with more than 13 years on frontline is decent service.

At the end of September I will be back where I enjoy and what I joined the job to do.

Mate honestly why do you get so angry on these threads? Some folk don't like the polis, if there's room for a reasonable debate fair enough but you posting calling folk names when you disagree ain't gonna win the job any positive points? I'm not gonna get involved in the debate because I've learned that it's P&B ffs, people say daft things and some are just nuts, don't let folk bother you, remember we do our job so folk can have those opinions.

You are correct but that idiot Wilson is not only a disgrace to a fantastic surname but nevers has anything but snide comments of no relevance.

He is clearly of limited intelligence.

Well at least their reputation for hiring absolute rockets has been decisively and thoroughly disproved.

I mentioned custody, I'll mention prisoner welfare, I'll scream child protection and I'll laugh in your smug weegie face, local, community, policing.

Listing the first things that come to your mind is not proof.

Tell me what these other legacy forces are doing so much better?

Am sure you are more experr on these things than people who have and do the job.

Wow. My opinion of the police has certainly gone up.

Not

Don't the Police have rules about employees using social media?

Yes.

Next question.

Please feel free to check them of you're really that bored.

He's having a laugh on an Internet forum, you just take it too serious?

Having a laugh?

He does nothing but make smarmy remarks and insult decent members of society.

Archived