The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To be fair to the BBC, the European fixtures are always kept separately (just as they are on betting websites and other sources such as Sky Sports) and it is the same for English fixtures when there are European games on. 

Can't say I've noticed them do it before and the Euros are in with the Olympics, Women's football and the Irn-Bru Cup tonight. The way it should be, all fixtures in one place.

Well, when I say the way it should be, that's not totally true. The way they list the fixtures on the main site is a disgrace and shows the English total disdain for Scottish football. Instead of doing the sensible English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh order they obviously grade them meaning you get the Scots Prem after the English Championship, then the rest of the English leagues, some non leagues, any English Womens fixtures then the other Scottish games. It's a total insult but they don't care one bit.

Amateur hour from one of the Daily Record's simple kids Alan Clark, who can't even be bothered doing a simple check on the UEFA website before writing a piece on Legia Warsaw being one of Celtic's possible opponents in Friday's Champions league draw.

This despite the fact they are both seeded and can't draw each other.

2 minutes ago, bazdons said:

Sorry I meant the Celtic thread. Didn't know we got censored for saying ****. What about *** c***s?

Neither are ok Baz, you might get in trouble for continued use, even if they are starred out. There are upsides though, if you type the name of a ladies frontal bottom that rhymes with fringe it appears as John McVeigh is a tit. which is always amusing.

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Neither are ok Baz, you might get in trouble for continued use, even if they are starred out. There are upsides though, if you type the name of a ladies frontal bottom that rhymes with fringe it appears as John McVeigh is a tit. which is always amusing.

That can't be right, can it?!

John McVeigh is a tit

*so it does! How long has that been going on?

Edited by sjc

On 03/08/2016 at 18:43, Stu said:

The BBC pundits have made their pre-season predictions and it's everything you'd expect: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36945066

Pat Bonner with more of his usual nonsense with Partick Thistle once again "fighting relegation". That's Thistle, who finished 10 points clear of Killie last season. Of course, Bonner knows f**k all about anyone but Celtic that his player to watch is Tony Watt - topped by Willie "I don't do research" Miller's player to watch being the barely heard of... Niall McGinn.

And even though it's more than a decade since he left and Ibrox and played for three more clubs after that, Steven Thompson is obviously referred to as a former Rangers striker - although I'll let them away with that if they mean he was a striker at former Rangers.

Alan Archibald responding to Bonner's nonsense: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14663633.Thistle_boss_Archibald_fires_back_at_Bonner_after_relegation_prediction/

“Pat Bonner mentioned us but I don’t think he even knows where Partick is, so that doesn’t make any difference to us."