The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

10 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

I get it on a Sunday for entertainment while having breakfast you utter bore.

No need to explain yourself to me Stan, if you want to read the sun then that's up to you.

Had to subject myself to a bit of the bigotry apologist Alan Brazil yesterday morning as Tommy Wright was coming on due to Saints playing Celtic tomorrow. It was even more horrific than expected and I was disappointed in Tommy allowing himself to basically be used to promote the bigot brothers.

It was text book diddy club 'interview' by Old Firm person...you must be delighted Rangers are back in the league...Scottish football missed Rangers...it must be special for a club like yours to be welcoming Celtic and Rangers to your ground...how good Leigh Griffiths was last night...Mark Schwarzer comes in for token short bit about Saints youth set up...tell me about Joe Hart...you've done well at Saints you must want to go to a bigger club...how much do you want to move back down to England...isn't Griffiths great...you're up against it on Saturday against ...bye then...St Johnstone are nicknamed the Super J's. 

Schwarzer did manage to briefly mention that we'd beaten Celtic 2-1 on their last visit otherwise there was nothing about Saints. No discussion about Saturday's game. Nothing about Saints start to the season or unbeaten run. The only Saints player mentioned was Stevie May in the youth bit.

Diddy employees really should know by now. It's beyond belief that they consistently let themselves be used as cannon fodder simply to promote the Old Firm at their and/or their clubs expense and the game gets undermined yet again. 

Had to subject myself to a bit of the bigotry apologist Alan Brazil yesterday morning as Tommy Wright was coming on due to Saints playing Celtic tomorrow. It was even more horrific than expected and I was disappointed in Tommy allowing himself to basically be used to promote the bigot brothers.

It was text book diddy club 'interview' by Old Firm person...you must be delighted Rangers are back in the league...Scottish football missed Rangers...it must be special for a club like yours to be welcoming Celtic and Rangers to your ground...how good Leigh Griffiths was last night...Mark Schwarzer comes in for token short bit about Saints youth set up...tell me about Joe Hart...you've done well at Saints you must want to go to a bigger club...how much do you want to move back down to England...isn't Griffiths great...you're up against it on Saturday against ...bye then...St Johnstone are nicknamed the Super J's. 

Schwarzer did manage to briefly mention that we'd beaten Celtic 2-1 on their last visit otherwise there was nothing about Saints. No discussion about Saturday's game. Nothing about Saints start to the season or unbeaten run. The only Saints player mentioned was Stevie May in the youth bit.

Diddy employees really should know by now. It's beyond belief that they consistently let themselves be used as cannon fodder simply to promote the Old Firm at their and/or their clubs expense and the game gets undermined yet again. 

Shocking

10 hours ago, 7-2 said:

It was text book diddy club 'interview' by Old Firm person...you must be delighted Rangers are back in the league...Scottish football missed Rangers...it must be special for a club like yours to be welcoming Celtic and Rangers to your ground...how good Leigh Griffiths was last night...Mark Schwarzer comes in for token short bit about Saints youth set up...tell me about Joe Hart...you've done well at Saints you must want to go to a bigger club...how much do you want to move back down to England...isn't Griffiths great...you're up against it on Saturday against ...bye then...St Johnstone by are nicknamed the Super J's. 

Someone should get them telt that it's sevco and not Rangers, no wonder you're miffed.

7-2s got a point tbh. We're 12 games unbeaten and sit joint top of the league with arguably the best performing manager in the country over the past three years. Yet he gets patronised to f**k and is spoken too as if he's reaching above himself to be in the same league as Celtic and Rangers, teams we've beaten in the last 12 months fairly easily.

I hate the phrase 'joint top' - no, no, you're third.

The point stands that we're currently one of the form teams in the top flight, and shouldn't be treated as if we're blessed to be on the same pitch as Celtic, which is what that interview was like.

On 19/08/2016 at 16:28, Dee Man said:

"Muted". This is a paid journalist who presumably has some sort of qualifications in English.

IMG-20160818-WA0000.jpg

He's also one of many online journalists who don't know how to use Twitter properly.  If you start a tweet with an @ name, then only people who follow that account can read it.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He's also one of many online journalists who don't know how to use Twitter properly.  If you start a tweet with an @ name, then only people who follow that account can read it.

Yep, some kind of punctuation is needed beforehand isn't it? Like a full stop or something.

Feisty in Fife

Raith Rovers 0-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Posted at15:28

Full-on, feisty Fife derby has referee Alan Muir fighting to control some of the tough challenges going in - two booked, but no goals yet

Charlie MannBBC Scotland at Stark's Park

Mark Lawrenson on Sports Report on BBC World Service about an hour ago, "There can be no argument that Leicester City had arguably the best story of the Premiership so far".

Not terrible journalism but typical terrible patter from him about 5 minutes later, "Suarez, Messi and Neymar are so small they could have got jobs as Ken Dodd's diddy men". I hate that guy.

Motherwell striker Scott McDonald reckons Celtic are far better than Rangers on current form. (Sunday Mail, newspaper edition)

Haven't read the quotes so may be pre judging McDonald here, but Motherwell should be pulling him up on talking about Celtic so much.

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Motherwell striker Scott McDonald reckons Celtic are far better than Rangers on current form. (Sunday Mail, newspaper edition)

Haven't read the quotes so may be pre judging McDonald here, but Motherwell should be pulling him up on talking about Celtic so much.

His manager doesn't set the best example.

And tell him what?
Stop talking about celtic because it upsets fans of other Clubs?

It's the flip side of him staying at Motherwell. He could earn better wages elsewhere so he gets to do media work to offset this.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

McDonald is a decent pro who gives his all for the team that pays his wages, if he wants to talk aboot sellick then that's up to him.